Masters of the Air - Apple TV+

After watching second, I realized there are No outdoor sets to give picturee of how they lived. Just Runway Location and Interior sets. They shot in the UK, bur so far they have little to show for it.
Speilberg said hie was influenced by 12 O'Clock High movie. Well, it showed conditions back then. BTW. 2nd episode was directed by Carey Joji Fukegwa, who directed last James Bond, "Die Another Day".

Last edited:
After watching second, I realized there are No outdoor sets to give picturee of how they lived. Just Runway Location and Interior sets. They shot in the UK, bur so far they have little to show for it.
Speilberg said hie was influenced by 12 O'Clock High movie. Well, it showed conditions back then. BTW. 2nd episode was directed by Carey Joji Fukegwa, who directed last James Bond, "Die Another Day".

He directed No Time to Die, Die Another Day was Pierce Bronson’s last time as Bond.

I’ve watched the first two episodes, excellent show! I’m not a big fan of the “Next time, on Masters of the Air” sneak-peak, though. No Spoilers! ;)

I’ve watched the first two episodes, excellent show! I’m not a big fan of the “Next time, on Masters of the Air” sneak-peak, though. No Spoilers! ;)
Since I usually watch after all the episodes are available I always FF through the Next Time stuff.

Reactions: Foxbat
There’s always the Mute button and looking away, too…

Disney did this to Percy Jackson and it’s like the producers feel like they are making Superhero/Marvel movies, with people waiting through the end credits for the Mid-Credits Scene. That’s okay in a movie where the sequel may not be out for another 2-3 years, but when the next episode is next week, I would hope my brain cells haven’t aged so much that I won’t be able to connect what I just watched with what I will be watching in seven days.

The aerial battle in episode 3 was unlike anything I've seen on TV before. The CG budget for the show must be through the roof! Outstanding episode. Have watched 3 times now in total awe.

Umm, did they just do what I think they just did?

There’s a good write-up of the history and making of “Masters of the Air” on the National Geographic website. It may require a subscription to read, however.

• Sad
Started last night. Two episodes in and it as great as I was hoping it would be.

Plus as a bonus, Elsa Dutton (Isabel May) has a role. :devilish