MAVTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.
does this prove they really can't add more HD? until next year

No.
More HD is coming. Satracer said this earlier this year. I believe with the change of encoders to add more channels to each transponders. Similar what Dish did a few years back.
And yes the picture looks as good as ever!

No.
More HD is coming. Satracer said this earlier this year. I believe with the change of encoders to add more channels to each transponders. Similar what Dish did a few years back.
And yes the picture looks as good as ever!

I'm sorry, but certain channels already look like garbage a lot of the time. FX comes to mind. Reducing the bitrates further just to jam some more channels at what they claim to be the same quality level into limited transponder space isn't going to make me happy. The fancy new encoder isn't magical. It may be better at managing things, but the overall trend is less quality and more channels.

MavTV is available in both formats of standard and high definition.

I think if it were getting added in HD that would have been mentioned.

Perhaps this is an introduction in standard which will become also carried in high def.

I'm glad to read from a poster that more HD is on the way.

I'm sorry, but certain channels already look like garbage a lot of the time. FX comes to mind. Reducing the bitrates further just to jam some more channels at what they claim to be the same quality level into limited transponder space isn't going to make me happy. The fancy new encoder isn't magical. It may be better at managing things, but the overall trend is less quality and more channels.

Oh don't be sorry:)
My eyes and my tvs are what counts.

I thought that MavTV was HD only.

It is HD on satellite. A cable or satellite headend can get it how they want it (HD out or use the SD outputs) since the receiving satellite receiver has outputs for HD and/or SD.

now, what tier is it going to be on? I have read a few articles from the lamestream media and none of them say which tier the channel will be launched on.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)