Maximun receivers on personal account ??? Please Help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Elito

Oct 12, 2012
Miami, Florida
I have been with directv for less than 2 years and actually have 21 receivers so far. I m wondering if anyone ran into any trouble for havibg to many receivers whitim the same account with directv or if anyone had many more than me with no problems. Thanks in advance for any help

Elito said:
I have been with directv for less than 2 years and actually have 21 receivers so far. I m wondering if anyone ran into any trouble for havibg to many receivers whitim the same account with directv or if anyone had many more than me with no problems. Thanks in advance for any help

Why do you have 21 receivers? As for a limit, no. Only can tell you if you're "renting/leasing" these to others and Directv finds outs you'll be in for it. If you ever have a service call and not all boxes are there it's going to cause a major headache for you.

:welcome to Satelliteguys Elito!

What Hutch is saying is that such a large number of receivers is okay, but it is a red flag to have that many. If you ever needed a service call, they would most likely need to verify that all of the receivers on your account are actually there.

That has to be a really interesting setup. How many dishes do you have? A 16 port multi switch is the largest one I am aware of. Your power company must love you. Like the ones before me have said, it sure would raise some red flags for me. Makes me think it is a college dorm or something. If nothing else Directv is going to wonder why yours isn't a commercial account.

That has to be a really interesting setup. How many dishes do you have? A 16 port multi switch is the largest one I am aware of. Your power company must love you. Like the ones before me have said, it sure would raise some red flags for me. Makes me think it is a college dorm or something. If nothing else Directv is going to wonder why yours isn't a commercial account.

Hello macfan,

There is a SWM 32 multiport switch but it does not have an internal crossover like the SWM 16 multiport. You would need 2 CCK's to connect instead of 1. Here is a picture for you.
swm32withpower.jpg

This type of setup is more commonly used for multi-dwelling units rather than 1 home but some people have that many receivers/dvr's to necessitate using one of these units. They are rather expensive as you can see from this url: http://www.satpro.tv/swm-32-kit.aspx There are other ways to make that many units work properly. One alternative is using multiple SWM 16 multiswitches.

In addition to what Casey said, you can stack as many SWM16's or 32's as you need off one 4 wire SL dish and use ccks to bridge MRV.

Sent from my Galaxy SII using some Tappity Talkity thing.

How many tuners are in those 21 receivers?
What dish is being used? Other details?
The curious here need to know!!!

And under current pricing, he's paying $160 in additional receiver fees. !!!

Sounds like the OP is either renting them out OR runs a hotel and is modulating them all to the rooms but is using a personal account to get a cheaper rate.

If it's the latter, he probably wants to add more channels to the system.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)