Me TV Fall Schedule changes

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am having trouble getting MeTV today. Rescanned and it is not coming up. Is it just me or are they making another change?

I'm at work right now, but I was watching "The Honeymooners" at 5am on my Sadoun 6 footer, and it was coming in awesome.
However, I have seen it fade out around a bit after 9am before on another day, for around 1/2 hour.

I like the following line-up myself. http://metvnetwork.com/schedule.php?station=metoo

Why isn't this line-up on FTA satellite? Some of it seems a bit more interesting than the the feed we get FTA via C Band. Maybe they should compromise. Instead of playing the same shows 5 days in a row, why not air this line-up on Mon, Wed, and Fri, then air the line-up we have access to, on Tue and Thur? That's how I would do it if I were running METV.

I like the following line-up myself. http://metvnetwork.com/schedule.php?station=metoo

Why isn't this line-up on FTA satellite? Some of it seems a bit more interesting than the the feed we get FTA via C Band. Maybe they should compromise. Instead of playing the same shows 5 days in a row, why not air this line-up on Mon, Wed, and Fri, then air the line-up we have access to, on Tue and Thur? That's how I would do it if I were running METV.

Licensing/syndication issues, with other stations in different markets. If another station in a DMA has the rights to show one of those old series locally, ME can't do it for their nationwide affiliates.

easy. Syndication rights. Before MeTV went nationwide some of those shows were on MeTV. When MeTV went nationwide then those stations moved to MeToo.
There are some markets that do pre-empt programing on MeTV right now due to other stations having the rights to some shows. So they show other programs (that is what is normally on that 2nd feed on satellite once in a while)

easy. Syndication rights. Before MeTV went nationwide some of those shows were on MeTV. When MeTV went nationwide then those stations moved to MeToo.
There are some markets that do pre-empt programing on MeTV right now due to other stations having the rights to some shows. So they show other programs (that is what is normally on that 2nd feed on satellite once in a while)

Thanks..I understand now. Still wish they could at least put the Munsters, All in the Family, The Alfred Hitchcock Hour, and Sanford And Son on the METV feeds we get via satellite, not that I haven't already seen all those episodes a million times in the past.

I think part of the issue is 3 of those 4 titles you mentions (munsters exception) are on AntennaTV so I dont know how the subchannel thing works but Antenna TV could claim syndex rules in markets where they have an ANtennaTV affiliate (like here in Minneapolis) to get it blacked out.

It all depends on the market. Here in Minneapolis Cheers is on both METV and our local indy station (KSTC45) but in some markets Cheers is blacked out on MeTV

I don't like the new schedule and believes MeTV is going downhill. Their best programming airs between 1AM and 8AM when most people aren't watching TV.

I think part of the issue is 3 of those 4 titles you mentions (munsters exception) are on AntennaTV so I dont know how the subchannel thing works but Antenna TV could claim syndex rules in markets where they have an ANtennaTV affiliate (like here in Minneapolis) to get it blacked out.

It all depends on the market. Here in Minneapolis Cheers is on both METV and our local indy station (KSTC45) but in some markets Cheers is blacked out on MeTV

When did they first start making all these rules like this? Kind of reminds me when I used to sub to ESPN on analog, and a lot of times certain sporting events would be blacked out in my area, even tho I paid ESPN to sub to their channel.

When did they first start making all these rules like this?
about 40 years ago ;)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syndex

Basically syndicated shows if someone buys the rights to that program and an "imported" station has it too, the imported station has to black it out if the main station requests syndex exclusivity.
When I lived in Duluth, MN back in 2000 we had a station from Minneapolis imported in on cable (KMSP which is now Fox)....during the day all the judge/talk/trash shows would be blacked out on KMSP9 because the local stations bought the rights to those shows. Even though they would show Springer at 3:30 in the morning on the local NBC, they were able to claim exclusivity so the 2PM version on KMSP was blacked out.
In markets where there are more than one affiliate of a network carried on cable that happens too. The local can claim it.

Why do you think on the C-Band feed there is that 2nd channel that sometimes carries programs but most of the time is color bars? Some of those programs on MeTV are carried on local stations and they request the exclusivity....so MeTV substitutes other shows at those times.
A great example is I Love Lucy....In Los Angeles KDOC has METV but I love lUcy has been on Fox 11 for 50 years and well here is what wiki says

Due to KTTV holding exclusive local rights to I Love Lucy (as they have since the 1960s; these rights are also shared with sister station KCOP), Me-TV will replace any scheduled airings of that program from the national feed with The Lucy Show instead.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

LPB HD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)