Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
SIRIUSXM CEO Mel Karmizan announced today he is leaving the company as February 1st.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Wonder what the direction of the company will be. I can't even remember being without satellite radio.....

Maybe they will return to their roots, go completely commercial free, deeper play lists and jettison some of the bloated celebrity contracts and invest in real radio entertainers to make the product better.

I was listening to the 60's channel on Saturday evening. They had Cousin Brucie as their DJ. He played maybe 7 songs an hour. The rest was talk. I want the music not the celebrity...

Sirius "won" the merger. XM had deeper playlists and less talk (even no talk on lots more channels) But I remember when we ran polls on the two services and Sirius was the overwhelning favorite in almost every category. One person even said that Sirius was more like "real" radio and that was a good thing. Personally i miss the old XM.

I miss the old XM too... That was Satellite Radio worth paying for.

If people want radio which reminds them of listening to radio, then local radio is FREE. :)

Reactions: w6pea
Rangers484 said:
Maybe they will return to their roots, go completely commercial free, deeper play lists and jettison some of the bloated celebrity contracts and invest in real radio entertainers to make the product better.

You, sir, seem to be an ASTUTE observer with a keen business eye. You're JUST the kind of person I'm looking for with a little real estate deal. People need to cross waterways all the time and the best way is via a fixed structure. I just happen to have one of these, recently on the market. I'm SURE you could make it into a profitable endeavor......

;)

You, sir, seem to be an ASTUTE observer with a keen business eye. You're JUST the kind of person I'm looking for with a little real estate deal. People need to cross waterways all the time and the best way is via a fixed structure. I just happen to have one of these, recently on the market. I'm SURE you could make it into a profitable endeavor......

;)

I must not be as ASTUTE as you imply and I am pretty sure I don't need to buy a bridge. So what's your point?

Sirius "won" the merger. XM had deeper playlists and less talk (even no talk on lots more channels) But I remember when we ran polls on the two services and Sirius was the overwhelning favorite in almost every category. One person even said that Sirius was more like "real" radio and that was a good thing. Personally i miss the old XM.
Sirius could NOT have won in the Sports Category, they don't have the MLB as far as I know ....

MLB is one major reason I keep the Sat Radio.
Sirius has the NFL and Nascar, thus I get the BOS package.

View attachment XM vs. Sirius 102306.xls
Sirius could NOT have won in the Sports Category, they don't have the MLB as far as I know ....

MLB is one major reason I keep the Sat Radio.
Sirius has the NFL and Nascar, thus I get the BOS package.

I am sorry but they did. In that particular case the vote was relatively close but Sirius won. Overall, it was an absolute slaughter with Sirius winning sports and even the classic radio category----and the same service was providing programs to both services. I never said it made sense but the Sirius lovers voted for Sirius no matter what the topic. i think if we hada sked about picture quality they would have voted for Sirius there too.

Last edited:
View attachment 82135

I am sorry but they did. In that particular case the vote was relatively close but Sirius won. Overall, it was an absolute slaughter with Sirius winning sports and even the classic radio category----and the same service was providing programs to both services. I never said it made sense but the Sirius lovers voted for Sirius no matter what the topic. i think if we hada sked about picture quality they would have voted for Sirius there too.

Hmmm, wonder how many subs there were for each AND HOW MANY THEY ASKED ...

Edit :

Really, 400 people asked ?
I'm sure thats not what the numbers indicate ....

No one asked THIS XM sub.

Hmmm, wonder how many subs there were for each AND HOW MANY THEY ASKED ...

Edit :

Really, 400 people asked ?
I'm sure thats not what the numbers indicate ....

No one asked THIS XM sub.

Not sure what you are referring to. we ran polls HERE and basically the SIRIUS fans voted for Sirius in every poll. This was just a statement about the sentiment here. If you were around then you were asked. It looks like you were a member then but maybe you did not notice or have forgotten.

There was discussion at the time and the Sirius crowd was pretty vocal that their service ess better. I think that a lot of the pro Sirius nature of it was due to a lot of Stern fans around here. But whatever it was XM fans had equal access and just did not vote the way Sirius fans did.

Last edited:
Liberty Media owns about 49% of the stock., At one time they controlled DirecTV but spun off a company called Liberty entertainment that owns a chunk of DirecTV----although I beleive Malone persoanlly still hasa alarge chunk of it.

Liberty Media owns about 49% of the stock., At one time they controlled DirecTV but spun off a company called Liberty entertainment that owns a chunk of DirecTV----although I beleive Malone persoanlly still hasa alarge chunk of it.

That's who i was trying to say was Liberty and Malone :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)