Metallica: Through The Never

I'm not sure I would pay to see the movie, but it should be pretty awesome when it comes out on BD. Metallica sounds quite amazing on my Yamaha/Klipsch HT system: KLF-30s, KLF-10s, KLF-C7, KSW-12, and JBL and Bose 301 front effects speakers.

Blackened!!!

It's been years (late 80s) since I've seen Metallica in concert. I'm hoping to see them and Jackie Evancho later this year. And yes, I do have a broad range of musical tastes. :)

Metallica was totally off my radar till they were on HBO's R&R HOF a couple years ago or so, (stations around never played etc)now I'm a big fan and would love to see them in concert. Have Big 4 & the R&R HOF Blu rays, there is another out I'm thinking about...

I saw them with Godsmack in Pensacola years ago. They have been one of my favorite bands since the late 80's.

I have the Pour une Nuit blu-ray which is out of print. Its sooo damn good.

I've stopped buying their stuff since the black album. their music has been terrible since then.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Not hardly. While agree Load and Reload left something to be desired (St Anger was not that good), since then Ive been happier (Death Magnetic). None of that has much to do with live performances because they have so much good stuff, you are gonna enjoy.

I disagree with the exception of St. Anger, of course. While we all love their old stuff (Puppets, Battery, Blackened, etc.) they weren't static and took their music in a different direction with Load and Reload. Sure, they recorded a number of stinkers but there are also some great tunes during this time: Ain't My Bitch, Until it Sleeps, King Nothing, Bleeding Me, Fuel, I Disappear and Memory Remains. I'm also one of the people who loved S&M...love Classical and Symphony and enjoyed (well, many of the songs) how they rearranged their songs for the Live Album. I thought No Leaf Clover and Minus Human were excellent tunes written specifically for the S&M format. When you listen to thrash bands like Megadeth, Anthrax and Slayer they sound the same now as they did back in the mid-80s...they have not progressed nor evolved at all. For example, I love Reign in Blood...but it gets pretty old when every song sound and/or feels the same.

I only saw 15-20 minutes of the show yesterday afternoon since the theater changed the show times. I was there to see Gravity and, afterwards, Through The Never, but the late afternoon show was cancelled so I caught a few minutes near the end before Gravity started. I'll try to see it next weekend.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)