Mexico Gringo Help!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Michial

Original poster
Feb 17, 2007
Anything over 2 buttons and im confused so dont get tooooo technical.. Currently in Melaque Mex approx long-lat 19 n 104 w . Have Directv mobile in my rv. Use a 2.4 meter dish with single lnb. receiver new. Have been getting signal on about 25 xponders on 101w. bout two weeks ago suddenly only 10 with signal strength 70 to 95 and 0 on the rest. Changed receiver and tried get additional signals to no avail.

Did the Chinese shoot down part of the satellite or did Directv make position change or do i have a personal problem... Can someone help this poor Dummy!!!!!

Which package do you subscribe to? Hacked signal is illegal and not allowed on this forum.

I don't think hes hacked it (as I dont know of an actual hack for DirecTV), I do think however he is subscribing from Mexico and is having signal trouble, if this is the case my only suggestion would be for him to try a larger dish.

Anything over 2 buttons and im confused so dont get tooooo technical.. Currently in Melaque Mex approx long-lat 19 n 104 w . Have Directv mobile in my rv. Use a 2.4 meter dish with single lnb. receiver new. Have been getting signal on about 25 xponders on 101w. bout two weeks ago suddenly only 10 with signal strength 70 to 95 and 0 on the rest. Changed receiver and tried get additional signals to no avail.

Did the Chinese shoot down part of the satellite or did Directv make position change or do i have a personal problem... Can someone help this poor Dummy!!!!!

You could be having a reflector problem(too far south).A LNB(switch) problem or for some reason you might be looking at 119 which has 11 active transponders.
Good Luck!:):welcome

Last edited:
I don't think hes hacked it (as I dont know of an actual hack for DirecTV), I do think however he is subscribing from Mexico and is having signal trouble, if this is the case my only suggestion would be for him to try a larger dish.

Yeah that's why I didn't delete his post because I wasn't 100% sure about it.

Don't believe the Chinese would be interested in DirecTV's satellites.On the other hand they just might be interested in DISH's satellites.:eek:

Don't believe the Chinese would be interested in DirecTV's satellites.On the other hand they just might be interested in DISH's satellites.:eek:
We know they were definitely interested in DISH Network satellites the Chineese launched DISH's first satellite back in 95.:)

Didnt hack or steal it. Have subscription at home in US with mobile and distant networks. My dish is 2.4 meters and i was getting signals prior to two weeks ago.

could a failed LNB cause this..

Didnt hack or steal it. Have subscription at home in US with mobile and distant networks. My dish is 2.4 meters and i was getting signals prior to two weeks ago.

could a failed LNB cause this..

Yeah it's very possible.

We know they were definitely interested in DISH Network satellites the Chineese launched DISH's first satellite back in 95.:)

I was referring to DISH signing an agreement with ARTEL for communications for the DOD.I really can't believe they let information out like that.:confused:

Heck they might as well put a bullseye on Charlie's butt!.:eek:

Cobra 2225... learn to speak english...your grammar sucks..

did call tech.... just thought possibly could get some help from you self professed sat geniuses, but all i receive is snide comments from semi illiterate, i presume, old people.

goodby satellite guys

Cobra 2225... learn to speak english...your grammar sucks..

did call tech.... just thought possibly could get some help from you self professed sat geniuses, but all i receive is snide comments from semi illiterate, i presume, old people.

goodby satellite guys

pardon my typo GREENGO,but i do speaka the english good
if you care to discuss this futher, make your email address
available again!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)