Michael Bay's The Last Ship on TNT

I didn't notice any mention of the Doctor that got stabbed last season finale and what happened to her. Did someone hear them talk about her and I missed it?

Don't be so quick to jump to that conclusion until the second half of the two hour premiere airs.
The producers seem to be going to extraordinary lengths to imply her passing with the ration stamps and the associated brooding. This leads me to believe they're setting up a surprise reveal.

I think TNT blew it with the nearly silent released "First Look". It will air again as Pt 1 on 6/12. I don't see any point to it.

I think TNT blew it with the nearly silent released "First Look". It will air again as Pt 1 on 6/12. I don't see any point to it.
That's apparently the new regime for getting people on board for Summer series. They rush out a teaser before everyone buttons up their TV for Summer in the hopes of driving interest in series that don't start until Summer. An earlier example I saw was when they ran a qualifier for Battlebots a couple of weeks ago. The new season starts in the latter part of this month.

It was just tragic dumb luck that that Orlando club massacre happened around the same time that they were supposed to have the season 3 premiere of the Last Ship. Now, the season premiere has been postponed & they may cut out the night club shooting altogether from the episode, which will make it had to explain how all of those crew members got captured. I'll say it again, CBS didn't preempt their episode where a Russian fighter jet get shot down by Americans that was aired within the VERY same week that Turkey actually shot down a Russian fighter jet, what's the difference?

Years ago during the Oklahoma Federal Building Bombing in 95, the soap opera One Life to Live or All My Children , had a crazy woman on there that was planning on bombing a certain social event in the town. When the bombing occured in real life, the show cut out the bomb all together and re shot the entire story line at quite an expense, in order not to scare or remind the audience about the national tragedy. They even came on that day and said that was the reason why they changed it. It is called sensitivity. In this day and age we seem to have mass shootings , bombings , general craziness and that has hardened the public to just about everything. Take that into account and thank about the victims of the event that just happened -deemed the worst mass shooting in U.S. history- and their families. It is just fictional tv anyway.

Last edited:

Lethal Weapon - Fox Series

sitcomsonline site down ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)