GEOSATpro Micro HD Satellite List Question

Lone Gunman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 19, 2010
southeast
This may have been covered at some point in the past but multiple searches over the last few days didn't answer my question so here goes.

What I want to do is to have all the satellite location degree numbers together for both C and Ku sats so I'm not having to scroll up and down the list to get from say 127W Cband to 123W Ku? It's just a PITA having to go up and down that list all the time when the actual satellite locations at times are only a few numbers/degrees apart.

So is it possible to rearrange the satellite list on a Micro HD by putting all the C and Ku satellites together instead of having separate sections?

Thanks

I use a C/Ku dish and have the C and Ku channels combined for each sat on my microHD. I use a 5150/10750 LO setting
The ALI editor allows you to easily rearrange your sat list

I fixed mine like that using the editor.

The ALI editor works fine with a couple of my receivers here also Lone Gunman and pretty simple to use..This caught my attention when the ALI editor was brought up to work with the Micro HD and I did not want to start a new thread for a simple question as it does pertain to a Satellite List Question.I do not own a Micro HD is why I ask.

What is the Maximum number of Satellites that can be added into the Micro HD?

Thanks.
HN.

Set the LNB type Like Magic static suggests to 5150 / 10750. To elaborate on the flow:

• Put a 22Khz switch in line
  • 22Khz OFF port connect to C-band LNB
  • 22KHz ON port connect to the KU-band LNB

Hummm, never saw that LO setting as I have them setup now for the DMX741S LNBFs that I use on both systems. This may explain why when I did a multi-satellite scan it only showed channels on the Ku sats and I got nothing on the Cband ones until I did those manually?

Ennywho, those DMX LNBFs already have a 22hz switch built in so I'm going to "assume" that I don't need to add one? Yes/No?

And I just went to the Antenna Setup menu on 58W Cband and when I set the LO to 5150/10750 the 22k setting goes to "Auto" and can't be changed. Is this normal?

I guess I need to download the editor so I can see if I can "boot loop" this thing while trying to learn how to use it? :eek: Which I haven't done yet BTW and don't even have a cable!

Thanks

EDIT: Well, the Media Box editor won't work for me for some reason?? It crashes every time I try to open that .udf file giving me the following error: ERROR N.9, Script Out Of Range

Ennywho, I did use the ALI editor and I changed the satellite positions in the list like I wanted them and it's back up and running now.

Thanks again

Last edited:
The DMX built in switch should be fine. However there was issues with the WSI built in switch. It caused so much interference upstream, the VBox couldn't get the DiSEqC 1.2 signals from the microHDs. So they just used an external switch on those combo LNBFs. The dual LO settings are designed for LNBs with built in switches and thus the tone is "AUTO" and can't be changed.
I felt the same way about the chance of Boot Looping my microHD, so I bought a cable. I hope I never use it ;)

what I have done to get both c and k band satellites scanned in one pass is to do the c band first with a scan with only the c band satellites chosen in the satellite list. then choose the k band satellites and scan them with a scan and cancel the scan when the k band is done. then when you use the pre programmed multi satellite scan it will do both k and c bands at one time. it won't look for new channels though but it will find new channels if the tp was already there. charlie

what I have done to get both c and k band satellites scanned in one pass is to do the c band first with a scan with only the c band satellites chosen in the satellite list. then choose the k band satellites and scan them with a scan and cancel the scan when the k band is done. then when you use the pre programmed multi satellite scan it will do both k and c bands at one time. it won't look for new channels though but it will find new channels if the tp was already there. charlie

I think changing the LO settings will fix this multi scan issue but I don't usually do those scans after I get the initial one done. As long as everything else is working OK I'm not going to change anything.

I save that userdb.udf-original file on my computer then just do what I need to keep current on the satellites that I visit on a regular basis. I do a backup copy of that userdb.udf once a week or so and include the date in the file name so I know when it was done. If problems come up with that channel list then I can revert back to that initial one I saved and start over from there or backup to the one made a week or two ago.

I've been using the Openbox S9s for a good while now and it's taken me some time to get use to using this Micro HD even though the menus are very similar. Each receiver has it's own quirks but I'm feeling more and more comfortable with this one as time goes on. I'll probably retire the S9s some time in the not too distant future.

I had the DMX-741 on my dish for a while using the uHD, worked great using the "universal 5150/10750" setting. When I changed to a C2 I added the 22KHz switch and ran the second port to the Ku dish. Works the same, but you have to remember where the C-band dish is parked before doing the whole sat scan! The Ku is on it's own DISEqC motor.
Every receiver has it's quirks. The uHD has very few, and works very well for it's size and $$.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts