GEOSATpro MicroHD is Cycling Standby / Reboot

Save your .UDF file see attached screen grab.

Attachments

• ss.jpg
    ss.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 179
I tried to replicate that once with mine and could not get it to go into a reboot cycle, gonna try again later or tomorrow though.
Yes save you .udf file that is there now, before reloading firmware.

I appear to have the same problem. My 2 year old daughter pressed a few buttons on the remote while I was recording on EWTN on Friday morning. After that now it constantly reboots. I'm really depressed, this is my only STB & had it for only a couple of weeks.

I appear to have the same problem. My 2 year old daughter pressed a few buttons on the remote while I was recording on EWTN on Friday morning. After that now it constantly reboots. I'm really depressed, this is my only STB & had it for only a couple of weeks.

Please call our service department tomorrow and we will get this addressed ASAP.

Cycling reboot issue tested and resolved starting with firmware version 0.13 released 11/29/2012. All User Data Base files created with the microHD using firmware version 0.13 and higher are protected against the reported cycling reboot. Please read the release post and revision notes.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads...USB-and-Satellite-Update-(OTA-SSU)-11-14-2012

Be sure to load the latest update currently available. The fix will be included in all firmware releases starting with version 0.13.

Important Notice: Do not install an old User Data Base (.udf) file that was created prior to firmware version 0.13. The .udf file may appear to load and work correctly, but it may actually be corrupted and the cycling reboot issue could be imported into the fresh firmware install. We highly recommend that a factory reset be performed during this update and that all satellites, switches, motor settings, etc. be reset and a new channel list be scanned using the default database included with firmwareversion 0.13 or higher.

Last edited:
my cycling/reboot happened after i had version 13 installed. actually, it was the beta version of 13. fortunately i had the cable to fix it. i tryed to save the udf file but i was having problems getting the com port set right and failed to save it. fyi, i was trying to get a c band lnbf working on the 1.2 and when i went back to the k band, i removed all the hearts on c band and it still had 99w c band channel selected when i brought up the micro. i removed all the c band satellites and then wanted to go to a k band satellite and the rebooting started. now i am running the beta 16. charlie

thinking back now, i might have used a udf < version 13 and then was playing with the c band satellites. that is probably why it crashed. now i am using a new udf after switching to version 15. charlie

Chaskucher,

Would it be ok if we remove these last two posts? The information would be confusing to anyone following the thread.

We had established in other threads that you had installed an old .udf that caused the corruption to occur with version 0.13

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)