MicroHD Loop fix doesn't work...

John2

Original poster
Aug 5, 2012
Mo.
Downloaded files from this thread: microHD-First-Aid-Serial-Update [Not allowed links]

Purchased jtag.

Open up Ali Editor. Using Com port 3. And try to install 139 udf file from link.

#1) Test Serial Port Status.............................Finished
Seems to be right com port, it finished.
#2) Collect STB Information............................
and Failed to get version! Box.

Connected to PC via USB and green light is on stb.
Nothing else to report, this loop fix just don't work for me.

Do I need a MicroHD Driver or something? Some other file?

Device Manager shows problem in - other device and USB Controller.

The jtag has a DVD disc packaged with it but it is blank. Is there something else I need? Why send a blank disc?

What the heck does it need? If I use any other com port besides com 3 it never finishes the Test Serial Port Status.

A few months with a MicroHD Box and the "Repair" doesn't work, this sucks!

My com ports work fine with OpenBox...or should I say Lock-Up-Box.
Anyhow, I sure am not getting any good results with this Reboot/loop fix. I give up for today, I know nothing else to try.

Any ideas?

I had to get my Micro out of a boot loop a month or so ago, I'd boot looped it about an hour after I got it! Was so bummed out, but I did get it fixed with help from everyone on here.

What OS is on your computer? Vista didn't want to work for me, Win7 did. There is a driver that some people do need, some don't. I'd originally made a cable and it didn't work, so I'd bought one off of Amazon and that one worked. Afterwards, I messed around with my original cable and it worked with one driver but not any others. Member Ke4est sells cables for the Micro boot loop issue too, I'm pretty sure.

I'll try to find the link to the post from when I'd boot looped mine, think that will help. I did keep notes somewhere, I'll try to find them if no one else knows right off the top of their head the procedure.

Here's the link from when I boot-looped mine: http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/331617-Fixing-the-MicroHD-boot-loop?highlight=microHD+boot+loop

Here another link: http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads...already-(MircoHD)?highlight=microHD+boot+loop

Think my notes and drivers and stuff are on my other computer, I'll try to get a chance to look later.

Last edited:
Reactions: fred555
Here's the UDF and instructions that I used to fix mine. View attachment 1-139w_microHD_ChList_2122013.udf View attachment microHD Serial Firmware Update.pdf

In Win 7 I didn't need any driver for my cable. It sounds like your problem is the driver, or the cable, because your device manager isn't showing that it's a serial adapter.

I think that the cable Ke4est sells comes with a driver disc, here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/microHD-GEO...898?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27d01e574a

Your disc could be showing that it's blank because it's a cd-r disc and your drive is a +r, or vice versa, try it in a different drive or computer if you have another to try it in.

The driver you need is prolific USB to serial adapter. there is more than one, it depends on what chipset your cable is as to which you need and there's also a Vista driver, which I've read is the only one which would work for some people. I have two drivers here but I can't post them up here, I don't think.

Looks like it will after all, just have to be zipped.

Attachments

• Vista.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 279
  • PL2303.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 243
Last edited:
Reactions: fred555
Thanks for this post. I had a bootlooped µHD I decided to fix since they will be a rare commodity soon. The driver worked like a champ on Win 7 for the cable Gotcband.com sells too. Flashed the firmware with method described but still did not fix it. Then I realized I need to flash the channel list udf.

Last edited:
Reactions: KE4EST and . Raine

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)