GEOSATpro microHD - New MediaBox Editor Studio Version is Available for Download

Ok...this one is repeatable, on my microHD and the MES editor.

When I export the udf file into the box, Ch-5 and Ch-6 go to black. I got this result three times in a row.
I have to rescan the TP to get the video back.

Here's the info:

12112/V/8703 125W

Ch-6 V65/A68/P65
FEC 3/4 SID 6
When black, channel info returns "Video Res 576i"
When rescanned, channel info returns "Video Res 480i"

Ch-5 V49/A52/P49
FEC 3/4 SID 5
When rescanned, channel info returns "Video Res 1080i"

Goes to black after update from USB, Always comes back from black after a rescan.

I haven't tried this with the other editor yet. I hope someone can duplicate this problem.

Last edited:
Compare the PIDs post scan to the prescan. Same or changed?

The video resolution is set by a live signal. A blank screen a displayed resolution information of 576i could indicate a default setting with no video on the VPID, but 480i and 1080i would be updated by displaying live valid video.

Last edited:
Since using the microHD and MES I've experienced: 1) Occasional black screens from signals formerly received with video. Resolved by a simple rescan of tp, 2) 576i reported resolution while receiving video in some cases. I never saw either situation as a problem, so I never investigated. Perhaps these were due to the scenarios described in Post #21 above.

If receiving video and the resolution information displays 576i, then the video is likely originating in PAL and is transmitted with 576 lines of interlaced video. Nothing unusual about that and has nothing to do with using an editor.

I recently used this editor to sort out channels and TP; much easier than with the Ali Editor.
Ase verybody said before, yes a much better editor however I found all the glitches reported here:
-Had to reprogram al the motor types from NONE to Disceq; anoying if you have all the C-Ban satellites from 31 to 129and a few in Ku.
-No just two but many channels in black, only sound. I dont think is just going to 516, I checked the video resolution and sais " By Source". It get fixed when rescanned.

Again just annoying sources but much more powerful than Ali. It will be nice if those small things can be fixed.

When I export the udf file into the box, Ch-5 and Ch-6 go to black. I got this result three times in a row.

Here's the info:

12112/V/8703 125W

Ch-6 V65/A68/P65
FEC 3/4 SID 6
When rescanned, channel info returns "Video Res 480i"

Ch-5 V49/A52/P49
FEC 3/4 SID 5
When rescanned, channel info returns "Video Res 1080i"

Goes to black after update from USB, Always comes back from black after a rescan.

I haven't tried this with the other editor yet. I hope someone can duplicate this problem.

On the blank channels:

What is the video resolution and VPID before importing to MES?

What is the video resolution and VPID after exporting from MES?

how do I get my user info loaded into mes if I cant import udf files? I tried but all I got was error 9 subscript out of range

What firmware version are your using on the microHD? Sounds like maybe original factory and not updated to current firmware?

Check the video type setting and see if it is being changed when you save the file. This is simular to what was happening to me when trying to edit COZI TV on 103W. The program was changing the video type from MPG to H264 when the file was saved. (the setting said MPG but if you loaded it back in after saving it was set to H264) When the video type gets set incorrectly, the resolution will display incorrect information. If you load the file into the ALI editor you should be able to change the video type back to the correct setting. (if this is the problem)
This thread
http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/304359-New-Feature-Request/page3?highlight=overlaping
post #17 and #28 may help

Last edited:
This editor no longer works since the last firmware update for the MicroHD. Gives a "Import Error". It still works with older userdb.udf files.

Sad... it was a more powerful editor than the ALI editor.

Edit: I deleted several unused channels (went from ~1100 to ~750) and it started working. I also deleted the userdb.udf file before saving with the MicroHD. MediaBox Editor is now able to edit the udf file. Don't know if this was a channel count problem, or a problem with one of the channels I deleted. Anyway it works now.

DRCars

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts