Status
Not open for further replies.

madmadworld

Official TV Watcher
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 7, 2006
up on the roof in SinCity
started getting migraine headaches about 20 years ago. passover time in 2012 had them bad, as i laid there and thought what was causing them as i did for years.
we had some ham over that weekend and a few days later we picked up some barbecued ribs had them the day before and that day. thought back for some reason to 1999 when i had the worse month of them ever at that time i was helping a buddy who had just opened a rib joint and he gave me some very good ribs while i was helping out.
you are getting the picture by now. i said could it be the pork ? well i quit eating it for 6 months no headaches. over the past little more than a year have got 2 in my sleep not bad ones just the light concussion feeling when i awoke.
real miss it ate it 6 days a month i guess for most of my life. took me all that time to figure it out that it was my biggest trigger point.
will take a chance and eat some about once every 4 to 6 weeks. i post this hoping it might help others.

My guess is its all the salt that ends up in the pork.

Wow, that's pretty strange. My granny used to get migraines all of the time. She went from doctor to doctor and they all told her it was all in her head. She had Cancer though, for quite come time. She ended up going to a chiropractor who noticed a lump on her body. Glad yours was only a meant that is totally avoidable.

I don't know all my migraine triggers, but ASPARTAME is one of them. If I drink anything with that in it, major migraine. I love ribs. I got food poisoning from some ribs back in the '80's, and almost died. I couldn't eat ribs again for more than 5 years after that, because it mentally messed me up and I'd get real sick every time I tried. That sucked. However I can eat them again, and I love ribs!

Reminds me of pumpkin pie. Used to LOVE it. Then my entire family had it at a local restaurant and we all got sick. Not enough bathrooms at home! Can't eat it to this day.

Thankfully, no migraines.

When you say "passover time" do mean the Holiday, or moving ahead in time from 20 years ago to 2012..... Because if you mean the Holiday my guess is the "Man" up there is telling you something. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)