Mike White, Undercover Boss

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Mike White installed a Directv Slimline dish next to a DN Eastern Arc dish, that was too funny. I hope Charlie and Jim saw the episode.

Just watched the show!

They must have edited out the part where the invoices for installation were paid.

"Mike, here is what we do. We tell these fools to go out and do installations. Then we don't pay them. Got it? OK! Now you try."

Then Mike says that this is not right....anybody with a court judgment or unpaid invoice...just send them in and we will pay you.

Missed that part.........wife was screaming about not even thinking about doing that crap again.

Joe

Ditto

Though when it was filmed the only thing I can say that i fixed for the most part is Waivers if the tech actually calls the right number and uses the tech ivr they can get to iss right away to get a waiver now if tech stop calling ACE for every little thing. Especially same day order changes.

Just got done watching it on cbs.com. Interesting episode. Hopefully good things come out of it.

But yeah, it's always crazy that they happen to bump into these types of employees. How are they selected?

Hopefully they fix the HD Receiver shortage. Get more of that equipment out there, and then maybe feel more confident launching more national HD!

I just happened to watch it last night. Had no idea it was going to be about DirecTV and this is only the 3rd episode I have seen. I am not able to judge it based on other episodes. But, Mike did seem like a good guy and seemed genuinely concerned (Cannot say if he would say the same if a camera were not on him...Then again, he did not have to do this show). From what I have seen, I now have more respect for him

I just happened to watch it last night. Had no idea it was going to be about DirecTV and this is only the 3rd episode I have seen. I am not able to judge it based on other episodes. But, Mike did seem like a good guy and seemed genuinely concerned (Cannot say if he would say the same if a camera were not on him...Then again, he did not have to do this show). From what I have seen, I now have more respect for him

I believe from communications and when I have met him before he does care but at the same time I dont think that he seen anywhere close to everything and he could use another undercover mission just with out tv cameras and 5k checks. I feel dtv greatest asset is it front line employees it is there where the great idea will come from but no way to get those great ideas to the top leaves me a little depressed. I been trying to get several ideas at the very least reviewed and have an open discussion on them but monkeys will learn to grow wings and fly first. I dont believe it is the CEO that is the issue but all the middle management in between who just dont want to rock the boat.

I was in the post office over 28 years and saw it day in and day out. The national level bosses would make it sound as if they cared, but the mid level guys had one thought, GET BACK TO WORK AND GET ME MY BONUS!

I was in the post office over 28 years and saw it day in and day out. The national level bosses would make it sound as if they cared, but the mid level guys had one thought, GET BACK TO WORK AND GET ME MY BONUS!

I dont know if they get a bonus but there are days here where it feels like the middle managment is happy in what there doing and that means doing nothing at all but the status quo because heave forbid we rock the boat.

Got a few Caps...

Attachments

• HQ.JPG
    HQ.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 185
  • Warehouse 1.JPG
    Warehouse 1.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 216
  • Warehouse.JPG
    Warehouse.JPG
    20.5 KB · Views: 235
  • Install 1.JPG
    Install 1.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 250
  • Install.JPG
    Install.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 182
  • HQ 1.JPG
    HQ 1.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 212
I like the pic of him with the DISH Network dish in the backround.

I dont like that to make thinigs more interesting that the producers pair him with workers with sob stories.

I do think however that it was cool for him to go out see what working in the field is about. I do wish it was for a longer period so they could really see what it was like not these pre setup things.

I would like to meet Mr White and may have a chance next month in New York. I have had some family that have worked directly under him which I also find cool. :)

I like the pic of him with the DISH Network dish in the backround.

I dont like that to make thinigs more interesting that the producers pair him with workers with sob stories.

I do think however that it was cool for him to go out see what working in the field is about. I do wish it was for a longer period so they could really see what it was like not these pre setup things.

I would like to meet Mr White and may have a chance next month in New York. I have had some family that have worked directly under him which I also find cool. :)

You need to tell him that he need to let his over worked underpaid employee work on this site as his job begin a good will person and general account fixer.

Ditto

Though when it was filmed the only thing I can say that i fixed for the most part is Waivers if the tech actually calls the right number and uses the tech ivr they can get to iss right away to get a waiver now if tech stop calling ACE for every little thing. Especially same day order changes.

cough BS cough BS cough

That is why I don't do anything that requires an activation in the rain. It's going to be a service call.

A couple more, better shot of the Turbo HD Dish plus a couple of bytes...

Attachments

• Mw.JPG
    Mw.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 204
  • uplink.JPG
    uplink.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 213
  • Mike White Install.mp3
    2.3 MB · Views: 101
  • Warehouse.mp3
    1.4 MB · Views: 98
Last edited:
cough BS cough BS cough

That is why I don't do anything that requires an activation in the rain. It's going to be a service call.

If Tech calls the tech ivr number to get to iss then they should never reach ace ( now )

Ace no longer gives waivers they redid it for this very reason, but some techs no matter how many times we tell them we have there very own number still call 18005315000

If Tech calls the tech ivr number to get to iss then they should never reach ace ( now )

Ace no longer gives waivers they redid it for this very reason, but some techs no matter how many times we tell them we have there very own number still call 18005315000

Never used that number, My issue was always with ace was "we don't believe you"
Which is why I never did install in the rain.

Hoakey, Hoakey Hoakey Very much a scripted show with very low reality levels.

And that surprises anybody? All these "reality" type shows are scripted and edited. The idea is to make entertaining television, not reality. They shot an "Extreme Makeover" here last year and the thing was loaded with retakes, multiple camera setups and the family was coached what to say how to act surprised. I'll bet they did the " move the bus" sequence at least a dozen times. People like these shows and there's nothing wrong with that, but they shouldn't be mistaken for "real" reality.

Last edited:
If he really wanted to fix whats wrong he's send someone undercover at an HSP or two and see why the number of techs willing to work as an installer is shrinking fast.
You can't have a company if no-one is willing to install your product.

Status
Please reply by conversation.