Miss my Dish commercial skip

dweber

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 29, 2005
Plain City, OH
Once again all of my local channel programming was interrupted due to weather alerts. I absolutely love my Dish Hopper commercial skip. I had to use my Apple TV to watch my network programming. Of course streaming the networks means watching all the commercials. I can’t believe that there are 6 to 8 commercials between each segment of the shows. This reinforces my decision to forgo streaming and continue with Dish. Tablo used to offer commercial skip but I don’t know of any streaming service that offers commercial skip like Dish which offers Autohop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jannah and TheKrell
Once again all of my local channel programming was interrupted due to weather alerts. I absolutely love my Dish Hopper commercial skip. I had to use my Apple TV to watch my network programming. Of course streaming the networks means watching all the commercials. I can’t believe that there are 6 to 8 commercials between each segment of the shows. This reinforces my decision to forgo streaming and continue with Dish. Tablo used to offer commercial skip but I don’t know of any streaming service that offers commercial skip like Dish which offers Autohop.
With next day airings on the streaming services, if you pay for the no commercials option, nothing to skip.

For example, Paramount+ w/Showtime, you get a Livestream of your local CBS, if you have the weather alerts, wait till the next day, shows air in full, no cut ins.

The other benefit is they are now offering CBS shows in 4K, 6 so far, they hopefully will have the rest of the shows in 4K within this month.

Tablo will not help, if you had the alerts during the shows, those alerts would get recorded.

Last edited:
With next day airings on the streaming services, if you pay for the no commercials option, nothing to skip.

For example, Paramount+ w/Showtime, you get a Livestream of your local CBS, if you have the weather alerts, wait till the next day, shows air in full, no cut ins.

The other benefit is they are now offering CBS shows in 4K, 6 so far, they hopefully will have the rest of the shows in 4K within this month.

I agree that I can pay for Paramount+ and watch shows commercial free. Of course that only works for CBS. I would need to set up similar streaming for ABC, NBC, and Fox.
Plus I would also need Great American Family, UP network, Hallmark, ESPN, Fox News, USA, Big10, etc.

With Dish I press the DVR button and all of my recorded shows are all in one place. It is very easy to set up timers for what I want to watch. I don’t even have to worry about all of the network shows since PTAT automatically records everything on the main networks.

I don’t believe that Paramount+ even supports timers. It took a lot of time using my Apple TV to watch the shows I missed on ABC, CBS, and Fox because my local broadcasters had nonstop weather coverage.

I agree that I can pay for Paramount+ and watch shows commercial free. Of course that only works for CBS. I would need to set up similar streaming for ABC, NBC, and Fox.
Plus I would also need Great American Family, UP network, Hallmark, ESPN, Fox News, USA, Big10, etc.

With Dish I press the DVR button and all of my recorded shows are all in one place. It is very easy to set up timers for what I want to watch. I don’t even have to worry about all of the network shows since PTAT automatically records everything on the main networks.

I don’t believe that Paramount+ even supports timers. It took a lot of time using my Apple TV to watch the shows I missed on ABC, CBS, and Fox because my local broadcasters had nonstop weather coverage.
You asked if there was another solution and I gave it to you, it is the only one I can think of that lets you avoid commercials the next time your shows are interrupted.

It was not meant for another discussion of streaming vs Traditional.

Last edited:
Reactions: charlesrshell
Yep, PITA. I keep up with our app programs we are following in a spreadsheet. Sure a lot easier to follow in the Hopper.

I agree. My time is worth the money that I pay to Dish. With my 2 Hopper3 receivers I instantly have access to all of my shows. I spent over 40 minutes using Apple TV to logon, first find the correct network and then find the correct episode and then spent time watching all the commercials.

I agree. My time is worth the money that I pay to Dish. With my 2 Hopper3 receivers I instantly have access to all of my shows. I spent over 40 minutes using Apple TV to logon, first find the correct network and then find the correct episode and then spent time watching all the commercials.

You could use more streaming experience, evidently.

Last edited:
Reactions: charlesrshell