Missing Channels

LVWolfman

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 17, 2005
Las Vegas, Nevada
Ok, no one has responded when I mentioned this elsewhere and I didn't find anything doing a search of the forum so, let's tackle this one problem at a time.
Software: registered TimeTrax 1.4 running on Windows XP SP2
Hardware: XM Direct with TOSLink, powerondude.com interface, Athlon 2600+ CPU, 1GB ram
Ground signal strength: 100%
Sat 1 strength: 11%
Sat 2 strength: 10%
(I'm indoors at the office)
XM Online status: Online
No matter how many times I tell TimeTrax to reload the channel listing and restart TimeTrax when it says that it'll reload when TimeTrax next starts, I don't get all the channels.
I get 78 loaded channels.
1 Preview
31 Traditions
61 The Flow
64 The Groove
92 Aguila
95 Nash Christmas
104 Traditions
105 Nash Christmas
112 Vox!
115 Radio Disney
123 CNN HDLN
etc.
My Roady2 with a similar antenna here in the same office pulled in all of the stations.
I don't have another XM Direct unit or a different control head, but I do have another antenna from the original SkyFi that might work for testing.
Has anyone else run into this? Any ideas as to what's wrong?
As it stands now, other than the Nashville Christmas channel and the Traditions Christmas channel, there's really nothing on this unit I'm going to want to listen to.

Hi,

We've had a few people report that TimeTrax is not receiving the seasonal XM Christmas channels (channels 103-107).

This is how to fix the issue:

1. Start TimeTrax, let it run for at least ten minutes.
2. In TimeTrax, click on the "Options" menu, then "Reload Channel Listing"
3. Shut down TimeTrax and restart it.

The channels should appear. If this doesn't work, go here:

http://www.xmradio.com/refresh/

Enter your radio ID on this page and then wait at least 10-15 minutes before trying the above three steps again.

Give it a try and let us know how it works out.

Thanks

D.

That did it! Thanks!

The first time 3 step was something I'd done a number of times to no avail. But since I wasn't sure it'd done it after letting it run ten minutes and to make sure I followed your instructions exactly, I did it again anyway.

When it didn't work, i did the refresh on the XM site.

I waited 45 minutes, told TimeTrax to reload the channels, closed it, restarted it and now it loaded 166 channels instead of 78!

That sounds a whole lot more like it!

BTW, looking at the recording log, I see what others were questioning in another thread about subscriptions expiring. It says that my Upgrade Subscription Expiry Date is Thursday, December 14, 2006.

Since I don't seem to remember reading anything on the site about free upgrades for life vs paid upgrades, I'm assuming that it means that we get free upgrades for a year and then have to buy TimeTrax again at perhaps a reduced price. Correct?

LVWolfman said:
BTW, looking at the recording log, I see what others were questioning in another thread about subscriptions expiring. It says that my Upgrade Subscription Expiry Date is Thursday, December 14, 2006.
Since I don't seem to remember reading anything on the site about free upgrades for life vs paid upgrades, I'm assuming that it means that we get free upgrades for a year and then have to buy TimeTrax again at perhaps a reduced price. Correct?

Please be sure to check out the website :
http://www.timetraxtech.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=31100

From that page:
Support & Upgrades

The software license purchase includes one year of software upgrades and support. After one year, you may purchase an upgrade/support contract to continue receiving upgrades and technical support.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts