MLB 2010 Season

So I guess that means we'll finish in 1st? :)

Sure, why not ! :D

Could be an interesting year, the usual suspects in the AL Central , if Cleveland get it together you'd have a pretty good run this summer.
If the Tigers pitching comes thru as expected.
The Twin's will be there as usual and the Wh Sox pitching is better than before.

Sure, why not ! :D

Could be an interesting year, the usual suspects in the AL Central , if Cleveland get it together you'd have a pretty good run this summer.
If the Tigers pitching comes thru as expected.
The Twin's will be there as usual and the Wh Sox pitching is better than before.

I wouldn't worry about us. We have a lot of young potential on our offense, but our lack of quality starting pitching will be our downfall. We've traded away too much and the I am not comfortable with the youngsters we have filling in right now.

Poor A-Rod. Just when you think the monkey's off his back with last year's success, his own team's management (and broadcast network) are apparently upset with him. Enough so to bust his ass on his first ST at-bat:

The angry Yankee executives could not have scripted it any better. Wednesday, it was supposed to be a quiet at-bat, a celebratory moment for Rodriguez - especially on YES.

That "humongous gorilla" that once weighed A-Rod down in October was gone. The hip was better, too. There was also the official "one of the guys" proclamation hanging somewhere in A-Rod's mind.

"That all amounts to a huge sigh or relief for Alex Rodriguez, who now comes into camp healthy," Michael Kay, YES' play-by-play man, said as Rodriguez stepped in Wednesday to face Pirates pitcher Ross Ohlendorf.

As soon as those uplifting words left Kay's mouth, Ken Singleton, his partner, down-shifted into the dark side. Singleton started talking about last spring, hip surgery and "uh, uh, steroids."

Kay quickly said: "Now Alex was looking to have a very, very quiet spring this year with health and the world championship, but he was questioned by the media the other day because he's going to be questioned by FBI officials about the Canadian-based doctor Anthony Galea . . ."

Singleton tried to characterize this as a routine matter, but the prominent mention of A-Rod's latest controversy - highlighting it during his first spring at-bat - was not business as usual for YES.

New York Yankees upset with Alex Rodriguez, and YES coverage lets it show

Yankees just can't be happy with winning the WS, they have to have some kind of disturbance going on ......
The very first AB of the year and they are harping on the guy.

A Rod has every reason to be pissed at them.
btw, what does this investigation have to do with him anyways ?

Thought the FED wanted to know about this Galea guy, not the other way around.

Yankees Won't Extend Contracts of Jeter or Mo.... for now

Hal Steinbrenner says the New York Yankees won't alter their policy against contract extensions and will deal with Derek Jeter, Mariano Rivera and Joe Girardi after the season.

"Everybody does business in a different way," the team's managing general partner said Tuesday following a news conference to announce details of the first Pinstripe Bowl at new Yankee Stadium, "I just don't believe in contract extensions, and that's throughout the organization, no matter who it is. Hopefully nobody takes that personally. It's just business."

Any chance Jeter dons another jersey other than the pinstripes?

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/spring2010/news/story?id=4979335"]New York Yankees won't discuss extensions for Derek Jeter, Mariano Rivera and Joe Girardi until after season - ESPN[/ame]

Hal Steinbrenner says the New York Yankees won't alter their policy against contract extensions and will deal with Derek Jeter, Mariano Rivera and Joe Girardi after the season.

Any chance Jeter dons another jersey other than the pinstripes?

New York Yankees won't discuss extensions for Derek Jeter, Mariano Rivera and Joe Girardi until after season - ESPN

Zero. Any team that signs a shortstop who is going to turn 37 during his first season with a new team, and outbids the Yankees to do it, is nuts. The Yankees know that. Jeter knows that. Everyone knows that.

The Yankees will over-pay Derek Jeter to re-sign with them. He is worth much more to the Yankees than he would be worth to any other team.

This is old news, it was discussed a month ago here when the Yankees announced it.

Sandra

Sandy, how do you like the Yanks' chances of back-to-back titles?

Personally- they still have a good nucleus (Teixeira has some more strong years ahead of him), but they lost some contributing factors that'll be tough to replace: Matsui was series MVP, Melky Cabrera was one of their clutch hitters, and Damon had some big moments.

Sandy, how do you like the Yanks' chances of back-to-back titles?

Personally- they still have a good nucleus (Teixeira has some more strong years ahead of him), but they lost some contributing factors that'll be tough to replace: Matsui was series MVP, Melky Cabrera was one of their clutch hitters, and Damon had some big moments.

Depends on the health of Posada, Johnson, and the pitchers. If everyone remains healthy, they'll be ok. Matsui was series MVP, but he did not have a fantastic year. Damon did, but he's getting older by the minute...Granderson is a more than adequate replacement.

The Red Sox added Lackey, which is a bigger improvement than the Yankees adding Vasquez...again. The Red Sox are scary good.

Sandra

Nomar Garciaparra Retires

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/mlb/news/story?id=4981701"]Longtime Boston Red Sox shortstop Nomar Garciaparra announces retirement - ESPN Boston[/ame]

He was a hell of a player in his best years.

The youngest team in Baseball, your Cleveland Indians are somehow the last remaining undefeated team so far in Spring Training. I know, I know, it means nothing. Even so, I'm shocked as I am expecting absolutely noting out of them this year.

LeBron Suspended 50 Games for Steroids!!!

Not the best news to wake up to… “Indians minor league catcher Steven Lebron was suspended for 50 games for testing positive for the steroid Boldenone metabolite.

Lebron, a member of the Indians Dominican Summer League team, was signed in January. His contract was voided at no cost to the Indians.”

Cleveland Indians minor leaguer suspended 50 games for steroid use | cleveland.com

I know what you're thinking and I almost crapped my pants when I initially read this headline too. What a sigh of relief it isn't my boy LBJ. :)

NCAA Football on DirecTV for 10/23/2010

NCAA Football on DirecTV for 10/30/2010

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)