MLB 2012 Postseason

BillD1984 said:
Absolutely! I don't understand why MLB never did this. It's not like they can block hotel rooms in the World Series cities, without knowing who will be there until after the LCS' ends.

They used to do this. But they wanted to make the all star game "count" for something and we ended up with the current set up.

They used to do this. But they wanted to make the all star game "count" for something and we ended up with the current set up.

They used to alternate between the AL and NL for homefield......with no regards to the team with the better record.

BillD1984 said:
They used to alternate between the AL and NL for homefield......with no regards to the team with the better record.

Wait, really? Then my past recollections on this are completely wrong. I retract my statement.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

If the Yankees, Orioles, and A's end up in a three way tie, the Yankees and Orioles would play in Baltimore on Thursday. Loser plays Friday in Oakland. Winner hosts Game 1 of the Division Series -- on one coast or the other.

They will all be in the playoffs, why play extra games?

They will all be in the playoffs, why play extra games?

First game would decide who would win the AL East. You can't decide a division winner with a coin flip.

Game 2 would decide who would host Game 1 of the Division Series. I do agree that this game would be unnecessary....

First game would decide who would win the AL East. You can't decide a division winner with a coin flip.

Game 2 would decide who would host Game 1 of the Division Series. I do agree that this game would be unnecessary....

the division winner will host the wild card winner so both games are needed. Remember there are TWO wild card teams this year....

The only thing we know right now about Friday's Wild Card schedule.......the Braves will host one of the games.

The #3 seeds are set in both leagues, and both the Tigers and Giants will open at home on Saturday.

My program guide is saying start times scheduled for 6:00pm ET and 9:30pm ET on TBS. Obviously, the Tigers would be the 6pm game and the Giants the 9:30pm game. However, if the Yankees are the #2 seed and play the Tigers, I can see MLB/TBS move the start times to 5:00 ET and 8:30 ET so they can show Yankees-Tigers in primetime.

Let's see if the Amazin' A's can pull off the big win over the suddenly slumping Rangers today! If they do I place them where Bill once placed the Angels...the most feared team to play against in the playoffs. Can you imagine a Baltimore-Oakland matchup? WOW!

The weirdest thing is that traditionally, everyone pulls for the underdog... but NO ONE watches it because it has been that only the major markets draw all the TV ratings. Regardless of the sport, when it comes to playoffs on TV.

The #3 seeds are set in both leagues, and both the Tigers and Giants will open at home on Saturday.

My program guide is saying start times scheduled for 6:00pm ET and 9:30pm ET on TBS. Obviously, the Tigers would be the 6pm game and the Giants the 9:30pm game. However, if the Yankees are the #2 seed and play the Tigers, I can see MLB/TBS move the start times to 5:00 ET and 8:30 ET so they can show Yankees-Tigers in primetime.

For the Yankees, they will move mountains to get that game in primetime. Its a smart move because they are a draw. I would think that the Giants game wouldnt start at 9:30 because you figure if the game is 3 hrs. that means the game ends at 12:30 am. What if it goes extra innings? I dont think they want to go late in the night. Again, if its the Yankees, maybe, because they are a draw but are the Giants a good draw?

Let's see if the Amazin' A's can pull off the big win over the suddenly slumping Rangers today! If they do I place them where Bill once placed the Angels...the most feared team to play against in the playoffs. Can you imagine a Baltimore-Oakland matchup? WOW!

You wonder if lady luck is riding on the side of the Orioles and the A's. It just seems magical this year. Dempster is pitching for the Rangers. This is what they got him for.

The Nationals wrapped up the NL #1 seed, and will play the winner of the Cardinals-Braves Wild Card Game.

MLB announced the official schedule for Wild Card Friday....

5:00pm ET- Cardinals at Braves
8:30pm ET- AL Wild Card Game

Both games are on TBS

That would suck for O's fans having to wait until 8:30 to watch their team play

And for A's fans with a 5:30 PT start, right in the middle of rush hour. Of course, right now that appears moot as the A's looked poised to close the deal in the AL West.

Went to last night game at Dodger stadium and it felt like a playoff game.. now they Gone fishing

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)