MLB Hot Stove League 2015-16

He's been pretty hittable much of his career. Probably the fifth guy in their rotation facelift. I mean he did pitch at least 7 innings in 10 starts... But less than 5 innings in nine. Probably just hoping he'll eat innings but a raise... C'mon man!

Reactions: Mr Tony
Guys, you should know by know, IF you can throw a baseball in this world, if you make a team you get a raise.
That actually happens with all positions in baseball.

He'll be a back end of the rotation guy in Detroit, hopefully he can emerge better than that, but his history doesn't show that.

Tigers rotation will look like this probably:
J. Verlander (Verlander pitched very well the second half of the year once his injuries were over).

J. Zimmerman (Tigers picked him up from Washington, pitched ok last year, much better the previous year, hopefully he'll rebound)

A. Sanchez (I really like Sanchez, but he's managed to get injured most years to dampen his effectiveness)

Pelfrey (don't know anymore about him that what you guys have posted so far.)

Number 5 is anybodys guess, could go to anyone and will probably rotate accordingly, 4th spot may as well.

I think Norris will end up somewhere in the rotation.

He's been pretty hittable much of his career. Probably the fifth guy in their rotation facelift. I mean he did pitch at least 7 innings in 10 starts... But less than 5 innings in nine. Probably just hoping he'll eat innings but a raise... C'mon man!
Well him and Ricky Nolasco are 2 people that the Twins got hoping they could be good.....only to be injured most of the time

Reactions: fhsucade07
I keep hearing how the Red Sox need another starter. I disagree. They already had depth, but what they didn't have was an ace. Now that they have Price, the rest of the rotation can fall in line.

Price
Rodriquez (who many experts think will eventually be an ace)
Buchholz
Porcello
Miley and/or Kelly

Prospects Henry Owens and Brian Johnson provide depth

I keep hearing how the Red Sox need another starter. I disagree. They already had depth, but what they didn't have was an ace. Now that they have Price, the rest of the rotation can fall in line.

Price
Buchholz
Porcello
Miley and/or Kelly

Miley's gone, but they pick up a nice setup guy for the bullpen in the trade:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/_/id/32628/carson-smith

Tigers are looking into signing either Cespedes again, or Alex Gordon...

I like Either of these ideas !
Since I posted this, it looks like Tigers GM has shot down that report.

Do we really think the Tigers can get a player like Ces again ?

They say Gordon's price is 5 years and 100M, I didn't think Gordon was in that catagory, then again with the way salaries have escalated ....

Price
Buchholz
Porcello
Miley and/or Kelly

Are you penciling Clay in that spot for the 1st or 2nd half of the season?

The Braves made another trade and this one appears to be a doosey for the Bravo's. Give up Shelby Miller and minor leaguer Gabe Speier.. Braves get back 2015 number one pick, SS Dansby Swanson, and will receive outfielder Major League OF Ender Inciarte and pitching prospect Aaron Blair. You never know with prospects but it basically comes down to this. For Jason Heyward, the Braves received 1 year of Shelby Miller, 6 yrs of Tyrell Jenkins/Aaron Blair/#1 overall pick Swanson, 5 yrs of Inciarte.

Time for the pirates to start losing again. They trade Walker to the Mets. The only reason I see why they make that trade is financial purposes

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Reds are going to the toilet. Now they are shopping Frazier.

Price going to RedSox is a bit rich just because didn't he say he loved Toronto and wanted to play there? Well, you know what they say? Money talks and you know what walks.

How impressive is this Cubs team starting to look? I can't remember the last time the Cubs were one of the favorites to win the World Series. It's great to feel this excitement again.

Reactions: Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)