MLB - Milwaukee Brewers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

NutFlush920

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
Green Bay, WI
I don't subscribe to MLB Extra Innings nor do I subscribe to Sports Pack. Last year, I didn't either. There is a game in Milwaukee (2.5 hours South of Green Bay, where I am, here in Wisconsin) being broadcasted on WMLW, a Milwaukee local station.

DirecTV has the game on MLB and Sports Pack but, have it blacked out on both. I can't get the local channel because I am not in their DMA. Last year DirecTV was able to show most if not all of WMLW's games on a RSN channel but, this year apprently are not doing so. I just spend a hour talking with retentions and got no where. It's as if they don't know anything about this at all.

Question: How do I watch my local baseball team? I'm not intrested in subscribing to anything extra (money is tight) since I didn't have to last year.

I live in Appleton and have the same issue. It really is asinine. We are not able to view the game nationally since we are considered to be able to receive the "local" WMLW broadcast which is not possible. I believe this is a Milwaukee Brewer decision. They have decided to broadcast the via WMLW limiting the broadcast to SE Wisconsin. FSN-WI did not purchase the right to rebroadcast since they are showing the Bucks game. This decision irks me beyond belief. They turn their back on the rest of the state. Talk about poor business sense. The Cub series had their highest ratings last year and they missed the opportunity.

I'm in the same boat as you two. With the free MLB EI this week I'm able to watch the game on the MLB Game Mix channel. I'd rather see it fullscreen, but it's better than nothing. Our local paper was listing this game as available on MLB Network, but that channel is blacked out also.

your only 2 options are:
1)"move" to the milwaukee dma
2)listen to the game on the radio

i hope none of you thought the games on WMLW are in hd,it will probably be 2015 before WMLW broadcats anything in HD.it is nothing more then a lower power station in analog and a subchanel of cbs 58 in digital.

Well why would they not give rights to an RSN like they did last year is what I don't understand. They did last year. Sounds to me that WLMW is being an a** for not allowing any fans outside of Milwaukee DMA to enjoy the game.

There are a lot of games on WMLW this year. Does this mean any game on WMLW this year will be blacked out?

i assume since wmlw is a subchannel of wdjt cbs 58 in milwaukee it is owned by them. on directv milwaukee hd locals launced in may 2006 and cbs 58 was not included due to a contract dispute,here it is april 2009 and guess what?no cbs hd in milwaukee.must be a terrible neverending dispute. just a guess on what the reason might be but not sure

edit: sure enough cbs 58 and wmlw are both owned by weigel communication

I undserstand nte5150 but why, last year, were most of the WMLW games carried by DirecTV on a RSN and this year they are not?

This is a pretty crappy thing to do to the fans.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)