MLB on Satellite Radio in 2005

fredfa

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 12, 2004
Los Angeles CA
From Steve Zipay of Newsday (Long Island, NY) Tuesday, Oct. 12, 2004:

Sometime after the World Series, MLB is expected to announce a deal with a satellite radio partner - Sirius or XM - to carry thousands of games next season and beyond.
Sirius, which has NFL, NBA and NHL rights and carried some major-league games on its ESPN channel, had some preliminary talks with baseball about a year ago. There was an internal dispute over which baseball entity - the broadcast division or the new media side - controlled the satellite rights.
Now, baseball owners are expected to separate the broadcast and satellite rights and accept the most lucrative offer, from either Sirius - which signed Howard Stern last week - or XM, which has four times as many subscribers.
For displaced fans, the ability to tune in out-of-market broadcasts in the car or SUV in the summer should have tremendous appeal.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Anyone placing bets that Sirius will get the nod.

XM just seems to be sleeping at the wheel. Don't get me wrong I love BOTH my XM and Sirius units, however XM Management is making some realy STUPID moves this year.

bmwaaron

SatelliteGuys Family
Supporting Founder
Nov 25, 2003
I have heard that Sirius does not carry the NBA anymore. Can anyone confirm this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts