MLB.TV - Any opinions?

fhsucade07

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 10, 2007
Just wondering if anybody has any opinions on MLB.TV? I'm wanting to become a subscriber (the $39.99 / year version) so that I can keep up with the Blue Jays and a couple of other teams. Not being able to see my local team (the Braves) is of no concern to me as I see them on TBS most of the time anyways. I've looked at the premium edition, but keeping up with six games at a time seems like it would be a headache to me.

Also, can I somehow hook my PC to my television so that I can view the games on TV? And finally, how do the condensed games work?

Cade

I don't believe that i ever hooked it up to my tv, but i'm sure it's possible. I bought it for 2 months last season to watch the Reds, and i really enjoyed everything that mlb.com had to offer. I love baseball, and play fantasy baseball so i really enjoyed watching the other games, especially during the pennant chase. I was really surprised with the overall quality and user friendliness of the site. If I wasn't married, i would probably buy the whole season subscription and spend more time in front of my computer :p

As far as hooking your PC to your TV and viewing the MLB.TV games on your TV, it depends on what connections you have available.

My HDTV has a VGA cable connection and I have used it to view MLB.TV games. However, I never bothered to investigate a connection for the sound. My PC can produce that just fine.

I almost never use it this way. I also have MLB-EI from my satellite company and watch most of my games that way.

About the only time I use MLB.TV is when Fox is broadcasting a game I am not interested in on Saturday and I use the audio option on MLB.TV to listen to my favorite team's game.

Barry Bonds and his PR problem

Nike still plans to release Michael Vick's signature shoe next month

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)