MOCA compatibility?

Miner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Does the Hopper utilize standard MOCA? Or a dish specific variant?

I am considering using my spare coax cables for Ethernet, and would like to know if I need to buy a Dish HIC or could use generic MOCA adapters?
I have a couple of DECA adapters as well, and know am pretty sure D* is a proprietary variant.

Does the Hopper utilize standard MOCA? Or a dish specific variant?
MoCA technology, but Dish specific. It runs in the 600-800MHz range instead of 850-1550MHz regular MoCA runs on, which means generic MoCA adapters will not work.
I am considering using my spare coax cables for Ethernet, and would like to know if I need to buy a Dish HIC or could use generic MOCA adapters?
If you can isolate your spare coax cables with a MoCA compatible splitter on their own then I would definitely do that. Generic MoCA cannot coexist with Satellite coms (950MHz-3000MHz) and with Dish HIC's you are limited to 100Mbit (That may or may not be enough for you).
I have a couple of DECA adapters as well, and know am pretty sure D* is a proprietary variant.
As far as I know, DeCA runs on a similar range as Dish's MoCA, but uses a different encoding scheme making them non-interoperable. Not completely sure on this one thought since I've never played with D* stuff.

MoCA technology, but Dish specific. It runs in the 600-800MHz range instead of 850-1550MHz regular MoCA runs on, which means generic MoCA adapters will not work.

If you can isolate your spare coax cables with a MoCA compatible splitter on their own then I would definitely do that. Generic MoCA cannot coexist with Satellite coms (950MHz-3000MHz) and with Dish HIC's you are limited to 100Mbit (That may or may not be enough for you).

As far as I know, DeCA runs on a similar range as Dish's MoCA, but uses a different encoding scheme making them non-interoperable. Not completely sure on this one thought since I've never played with D* stuff.
Thanks very much. I can isolate some of my coax for a moca leg. My broadband is cellular, and is good, usually close to 500 MBps at the router, and choking it down on a Dish moca or D* deca doesn't make sense although 100 MBps is fine for most of my streaming needs.
I am discovering the spots in my house where the 2.4 GHz band has better coverage than the 5GHz band.