Monthly Cost for a Two Tuner Rcvr

ohio_caps

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 15, 2004
I have some rather old equipment (2) model 4000 receivers (I also have an 811). I am thinking of replacing one or two of the 4000 with a 322 when it becomes available for sale. On the 322 and other 2 tuner receivers, does DISH charge each 322 as two receivers?

ohio_caps said:
I have some rather old equipment (2) model 4000 receivers (I also have an 811). I am thinking of replacing one or two of the 4000 with a 322 when it becomes available for sale. On the 322 and other 2 tuner receivers, does DISH charge each 322 as two receivers?

You're charged as follows for the 322:

Tuner 1: $5.00/month if NOT your only active receiver; otherwise, $0.00/month
Tuner 2: $4.99/month Phone Line Fee (Waived if receiver is continuously connected to your home phone line)

Each 322 would be charged the same way.

If you had two 322s as your only receivers, you'd be charged this way:

322 #1 Tuner 1: $0.00/month (One receiver included in package price)
322 #1 Tuner 2: $4.99/month Phone Line Fee (Waived if 322 #1 is continuously connected to your home phone line)
322 #2 Tuner 1: $5.00/month Additional Receiver Fee
322 #2 Tuner 2: $4.99/month Phone Line Fee (Waived if 322 #2 is continuously connected to your home phone line)

And that's the beauty of the 322, even if the IR remotes make me a nervous wreck about having to eventually replace, plus they're HUGE. (though, that might just be me) - and you can't put anything on top of them because they get rather hot.

But I suppose those are problems with any dish box.. I wonder, chaddux, why do they charge that "additional outlet" fee anyway? I don't see how having the box plugged into a phone line would save dish network anything to warrant us paying $5 less a month, ala "free 2nd receiver".. especially if you never intend to use PPV or billing info (I sure as heck don't, first off I'm not much of a movie watcher and don't watch sports so meh, no need for PPV, and the billing thing is really slow in comparison to hitting the site with my browser)...

I've heard it's to 'verify that you're not giving away the receiver' -- but then again traditionally I had our two 322s on different phone lines to begin with.

2 receiver 2 dish question

no hd signal?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts