Monthly subscription price increase

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ghc37

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 2, 2007
I heard somewhere that there was a monthly subscription price increase coming up soon. Anybody know how much of an increase for HD dvr total choice?

I heard somewhere that there was a monthly subscription price increase coming up soon. Anybody know how much of an increase for HD dvr total choice?

I see that you are a Dish subscriber so are you asking about Dish Network or DirecTv ?

Used to be with Dish Network. Could not get signal from 1 of the sats (which happened to have most of the HD programming) Switched to Direct TV in December, picks up everything great!

Does it go up $3 even if you're in a contract for 2 years?

I believe it does not for the first year since you are under a promotion. I could be wrong though. Someone with more knowledge can confirm this.

Also didn't premier package go up $5?

I just got this emailed from Dtv....

New Rates for DIRECTV​
® Service: New prices indicated below take effect February 27, 2008, and will appear on billing statements issued after that date. See the detailed
information below as it relates to your service.
If you are a new customer who started with DIRECTV on a national promotional 12 month offer, we are honoring your current base package price for the remainder of
your 12 month promotional offer period. Accordingly, to maintain your price, your next month’s bill will show the new prices along with a credit. Note: If you change your
current base package, your credits will be forfeited in their entirety.
Base Packages:
Base packages include local channels, where available. If DIRECTV does not offer local channels in your area, programming packages are $3/mo. less than the
listed prices. Visit directv.com/locals to check availability by ZIP code.
Packages and their new prices: PREMIER$104.99/mo.; LO MÁXIMO$104.99/mo.; PLUS HD DVR

$72.99/mo.; PLUS DVR​
$62.99/mo.; CHOICE XTRA$57.99/mo.; FAMILIAR ULTRA$54.99/mo.; CHOICE$52.99/mo.; FAMILIAR$45.99/mo.; PREFERRED CHOICE

$32.99/mo.; SELECT $45.99/mo.
The following base packages*: TOTAL CHOICE​
®, TOTAL CHOICE® PLUS, TOTAL CHOICE SELECT™, OPCIÓN ULTRA ESPECIAL®, OPCIÓN EXTRA ESPECIAL®, OPCIÓN
EXTRA
, DIRECTV Limited, PLUS DIRECTV, SELECT CHOICE® and TOTAL CHOICE LIMITED will increase up to an additional $3/mo. OPCIÓN PREMIER® will increase up
to an additional $5/mo. Distant Network Service (DNS) prices will increase to $1.99/mo. if subscribing to a single feed and to $2.99/mo. if subscribing to both the LA and
NY DNS feeds, and to $11.99 for the 4 Network Package DNS dual feed.
Outdoor Channel (a la carte customers only) price will increase to $2.99/mo.
*These packages are no longer available for sale. Customers who currently subscribe to these packages may maintain them as long as their account is in good standing,
as determined by DIRECTV in its sole discretion.
Other Packages: HBO
® Premium Movie Service increases an additional $1/mo. (except where included in PREMIER, OPCIÓN PREMIER® and LO MÁXIMO). Prices of other
premium movie services do not change. TOTAL CHOICE MOBILE increases an additional $3/mo.

For complete pricing and packaging information, visit directv.com/packages. Programming, pricing, terms and conditions subject to change at any time. Hardware and programming available
separately. Pricing is residential. Taxes not included. Receipt of DIRECTV programming is subject to the terms of the DIRECTV Customer Agreement; a copy is provided at directv.com/legal and in
your bill or in the first month notification. ©2007 DIRECTV, Inc. DIRECTV and the Cyclone Design logo, TOTAL CHOICE, PREMIER, FAMILIAR, FAMILIAR ULTRA, LO MÁXIMO, PREFERRED CHOICE
and all other WorldDirect service names are trademarks of DIRECTV, Inc. All other trademarks and service marks are the property of their respective owners. 12/07 29579CSS-0​
0308IPCPRI A374

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)