Mopeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm seriously considering getting one. I live 5 miles from work and it's all on 45MPH or less.

Neutron said:
I'm seriously considering getting one. I live 5 miles from work and it's all on 45MPH or less.

Same here, I'm sure I would be saving large amounts of fuel per month doing this...

Today I found this site, they won't be coming out till January in the US.

http://www.smart.com/-snm-014477974...fmodelle%2epage

Tell me what you think... I really don't think the gas companies will ever go down with all these record profits. :mad:

I saw a story on mopeds here in ohio the other day. Sure that's fine in july, but once winter hits, or it rains, reality sinks back in for moped owners...

Luckily my town has fantastic public transportation, it's the only thing they've done right in the last 20 years...In the summer you can go anywhere in the county for 10 cents each way...

Don't forget the golf-cartish GEM NEV cars:

http://www.gemcar.com/

I'm looking for one to do my work commute (under 25-30 MPH all the way to work).

There have been a slew of Mopeds claiming 100+ MPG but I think a psedo-golf cart would be more practical.

How are smart cars possibly going to handle the harsh winters in some parts of the country? 60hp, in cleveland, is a joke...

We don't have much of a winter in South Texas. Except for last years snow fluke on Christmas Day, it really doesn't get that cold :D

How good is the Miles Per Gallon on a four wheeler? I can see people using alternative transportation around here especially considering the poor economy we always have here.

When I was going to college, I had a Yamahopper that got 120 MPG, I loved it. I only had to ride about 5 miles to school and couldn't afford 2 cars at the time.

Stargazer said:
How good is the Miles Per Gallon on a four wheeler? I can see people using alternative transportation around here especially considering the poor economy we always have here.

Smart car is supposed to get 60 mpg :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

5.57 a gallon in alanta

I can't afford my gasoline !!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)