More info on NFL RedZone on Dish

Loved Nfl Redzone...I'm a huge Cowboys fan and they are on in my area all but maybe 3 games total. I can just go to my local bar or watch Redzone so no point in me spending the extra 300-400 dollars.

Redzone was the best like somone else said for the 4:00 games since there was only 3...I felt like I was able to see everything and wasn't dissapointed at all!

I was also thinking. With my local Fox/CBS/NBC then ESPN and the NFL Network, I can already see more than 40% of the NFL games broadcast per week (Starting in week 10, before then it's at roughly 35%). Including Red Zone I am already overloaded on football. ST is a waste of money and serves to make feel people feel good about blowing money into a crap corporation, imo. :p

I was also thinking. With my local Fox/CBS/NBC then ESPN and the NFL Network, I can already see more than 40% of the NFL games broadcast per week (Starting in week 10, before then it's at roughly 35%). Including Red Zone I am already overloaded on football. ST is a waste of money and serves to make feel people feel good about blowing money into a crap corporation, imo. :p
Those damn "feel people", they can never be happy with anything. They must always be feeling for more... :rant::D

Thats great warlock, how about those of us that want to see their favorite teams every week but live out of market. We don't give a rats ass that you are overloaded on football. We want the ability to see our favorite teams play on a weekly basis and the only way we can get that is by having ST. Since D* is the only company that can do that for us, we are thankful to have it. So, you are entitled to your opinion but this feel people thinks your opinion isn't opinion at all, just self serving mumbo jumbo. That said, congrats to the E* subs that can now get the Red Zone, I have no doubt that many of you are and should be happy with its addition.

Wait, when you add in locals from both coasts through AAD and the multi sports pack, you are not much less than what most of us got deals on for ST.

Not saying you should not be satisfied at all, just pointing out that the price difference is not that much when all of that is added in.

Edit: just went back and looked, mine worked out to $24 bucks a month for ST with free superfan over 6 months. Total of $144. Not bad there.
Of course you can use your distants all year, and I cant with ST:)

My purpose in getting the distant locals were to get the 49er games....Which I now get with or without ST or NFL Redzone. I am just saying I did exactly I wanted to do without switching to DirecTV....I get better programming and DVR and still get my games. It works for me ...NFL Redzone was just an added bonus. I really enjoyed it.

Thats great warlock, how about those of us that want to see their favorite teams every week but live out of market. We don't give a rats ass that you are overloaded on football. We want the ability to see our favorite teams play on a weekly basis and the only way we can get that is by having ST. Since D* is the only company that can do that for us, we are thankful to have it. So, you are entitled to your opinion but this feel people thinks your opinion isn't opinion at all, just self serving mumbo jumbo. That said, congrats to the E* subs that can now get the Red Zone, I have no doubt that many of you are and should be happy with its addition.

Sorry you have to blow unnecessary money. :rolleyes:

Forgotten in this discussion is the businesses variable. Even though many may think that it cost too much money (which it does for many people) and Direct may be using it as a retention tool (which they are to an extent), the biggest hook is the exclusivity within bars and clubs. Just about every single bar, sports bar, club, restaurant that shows sports has DirecTV. That is because they are the ONLY provider that can show just about every single sport and any team in their establishment. Getting pretty much the exclusive business niche is also a large profit factor for them as well.

Before someone give me an example of some restaurant in their home town that has another provider, remember I said "JUST about every...".

My purpose in getting the distant locals were to get the 49er games....Which I now get with or without ST or NFL Redzone. I am just saying I did exactly I wanted to do without switching to DirecTV....I get better programming and DVR and still get my games. It works for me ...NFL Redzone was just an added bonus. I really enjoyed it.
I am glad it meets your needs:up

I absolutely love this channel. I hope it remains $6/month forever because it's well worth it. I'm a Browns fan, so I get all my games on local TV. If I lived outside of the Cleveland market, I'd sign up for Sunday Ticket in a heartbeat.

Real fans Follow their own Team. The end!
All my Teams happend to be locally televised. ST does absolutely nothing for me.
i love the sport period. i'm a real fan that doesn't have enough with just watching the local team good or not. The end! :eek::p:p:p:D

Forgotten in this discussion is the businesses variable. Even though many may think that it cost too much money (which it does for many people) and Direct may be using it as a retention tool (which they are to an extent), the biggest hook is the exclusivity within bars and clubs. Just about every single bar, sports bar, club, restaurant that shows sports has DirecTV. That is because they are the ONLY provider that can show just about every single sport and any team in their establishment. Getting pretty much the exclusive business niche is also a large profit factor for them as well.

Before someone give me an example of some restaurant in their home town that has another provider, remember I said "JUST about every...".

This exactly why it was hard for me to believe that D* dropped Versus, at first.

I absolutely love this channel. I hope it remains $6/month forever because it's well worth it. I'm a Browns fan, so I get all my games on local TV. If I lived outside of the Cleveland market, I'd sign up for Sunday Ticket in a heartbeat.

Yes! I was in AbsoluteHD so I waited until last Sunday night to hear what people thought of it before changing packages.

Man, I'm glad I did! I had a few friends and family over who are fantasy footballers like myself and it was a blast watching all the action from around the league. Plus towards the end games, you could watch the closest games go down to the wire, rather then being stuck with whatever local game you are given.

Is it Sunday Ticket? NO. It is one channel. But honestly if I had Sunday ticket, 90% of the time it would be on the RedZone Channel, anyways. And this channel is pretty much the same as the DirecTV version. I follow one team closely and I get to see that game every week anyways.

$6/month for RedZone on E* vs $100/month for Sunday Ticket on D*!

Now my only problem is whether I watch my Brownies get spanked next week or just leave on the RedZone Channel! :rant:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)