Motorboating

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Splicer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 18, 2007
Is this a frequent occurance when using the Fortec Classic? This has happened to me twice now on Bloomberg and the only cure is to power the receiver down then power back up again...

It's a repetitive thumping sound in the audio.
Could be a higher frequency, as in a buzz.
Often associated with poor grounding, poor bypassing, or a battery at the end of life.
Could also be caused by RF feedback, as with a transmitter or other high power device.

I don't fully agree with this Wikipedia description, but it's something to go on.

I can't think of anything in your install, other than cabling, or AC wiring/grounding that could cause it.
Can you take that receiver to a different room / house, and try it there?
I wouldn't think the receiver was at fault , as in bad bypass caps...

Try a Factory reset. I used to have this problem with my BEC receiver and it was totally in the software.

I would be a good start before tearing into the electronics. Of course it is a pain in the butt to scan everything back in.

can I get the definition of "motorboating"? ;)
Anole nailed it...Is how to do a factory reset in the manual? Everything is perfect...new cables etc...all outlets (A/C) grounded.

On my fortec (lifetime ultra) you press menu and go all the way to the right to the system setup menu and then down to Factory Setting.

It will ask for a code which on mine is 0000.

This will erase all information. So you will have to set up your system from the start after doing this.

Good Luck I hope it works for you.

Is it an ac3 channel you are on when you found this to happen?
Yes it is. Blomberg to be exact...speaking of Bloomberg, does the audio go out completely very often? I have noticed this once before and the audio came back but it is out again this morning?:confused:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)