Motorola sbg6580 router and hopper

Rdeejr

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Santa Fe
Just had hopper installed last Saturday. I have blockbuster for three months. Somehow I cannot stream movies. I get error messages or it does not stream.

I did download five movies this weekend but now I cannot. I have reset everything multiple times. Have switched cables. Have plugged laptop into cable going to router and I can stream on laptop.

The broadband connection is ok and has been reset multiple times. I called tech support and they put me in touch with their broadband department. They said I needed to call Motorola and have them check this port and that port and at that time I gave up. Way over my head.

Anyone else had any problems like this?

Just had hopper installed last Saturday. I have blockbuster for three months. Somehow I cannot stream movies. I get error messages or it does not stream.

I did download five movies this weekend but now I cannot. I have reset everything multiple times. Have switched cables. Have plugged laptop into cable going to router and I can stream on laptop.

The broadband connection is ok and has been reset multiple times. I called tech support and they put me in touch with their broadband department. They said I needed to call Motorola and have them check this port and that port and at that time I gave up. Way over my head.

Anyone else had any problems like this?

I believe this issue is seen usually with 2wire routers and some Motorola models. I would go to the Hopper Broadband menu and get the IP address and put it in the DMZ list on your router. You can find screen shots for your router at portforward.com. it sounds like your router is timing out after a period of time. You can also try enabling UPNP if your router supports it, if not I would look at the DMZ option.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts