Please reply by conversation.

gabshere

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 20, 2006
Rison , Arkansas
ok i'm mounting the dish today
i did measure it and its a primestar 30X40 i will be using the primestar lnb
(this is the rig i've been using in a 5 gal bucket)
since i have several primestar dishes ( 3 of the 30X40's) but only one has
the elevation pole mount. i also have two of the bigger primestar 40X44 dishes (both have the pole mounts but it takes a larger pole)

now heres the dilemma

ok i have enough dishes that i can set each up and like iafirebuff i think i can even set several lnb's per dish but i only have the old prime* lnb's now and would have to 22k the v & h for each sat then converge them all together with a diseqc
--ok so now the cost to add all these together to get 5 sats v&h is running close to the cost of a motor ( although the motor wouldn't be as fast)

now if i add the lnb per dish the price is going on up.

now the price of a motor and a new lnb let say qph031 ( and i don't know why i would need circular but it does both)

so what do you think a dishy yard or a slow motorized mount. i have just about made up my mind to get the motor & new lnb but thought i would a a few pro's
looks like i'm the only one up late (or early)
thanks

I would have to vote for a Motor and Invacom LNBF! One cable does it all, the more cables and switch you have the more things that can go wrong!

It only takes a second to move from satellite to (adjacent) satellite!
Get ALL the satellites, not just 4-5 :)

I vote motor too. I have faced the same dilemma, and while I love to tinker, and set dishes up, I love the instant channel changing, as I constantly "surf", I am at a point now that, with the lnb's I already have (mix of standard and univ), the cost to of switches, and out the univ. lnbs so they can work with a 22k, a motor is much cheapier. I am keeping 1 Primestar that will be pointed at G10, and plan on putting my 80cm Fortec on a motor for everything else. I watch G10 95+% of the time, so I can motor for the few others I watch every now and then, yet I can still scan for feeds. I had thought about putting a dish on a feed sat, but again, with switches, poles, cement, and such it ends up more than a motor. I am going to keep my bucket mount to play with :)

Getting the motor will slow the urge to get more dishes, but rest assured, eventually you'll still have more sprouting up. For me, LOS is a problem if I only use one dish. I can see from 74W-123W (barely) with my current Fortec 90 and I know I am missing stuff that would be fun to watch if I had another dish to aim to tne west.

Get the motor for now. It will keep you busy for a few months so that you can save up your pocket change to do something else later:)

Cheers,
Hantu

Definatley the Primestar gives me better results. The Fortec 80cworks most of the time, but 11720 I get about 40% on the Fortec receiver on a good day, and on the Primestar, I get 46% with my Primestar portable mount, not tweaked, and in the rain! I compared my untweaked Primestar to the 80cm during a severe storm last week, and the Primestar remained strong signals, and all I ever lost (afte a long time) was 11720 for a few minutes. The higher tp's I never lost. THe cm was down for some time. So, I prefer the Primestar :)

Gary Z said:
Larry,

Do you find you Fortec 80cm dish or the Primestar give you better signal stength?

Get the motor, definately. I would say it would be less of a headache too. More economical. Then, later on for sats that you watch heavily, you can aim a second dish at that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Equity moved some channels around

Do you leave your receiver on or off?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)