Movies You Watch Over and Over...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boogie nights was priceless at the end when old Markie Mark pulls out the huge wang and speaks to it: "You're the man !":D

"Bull Durham"

Classic Movie :"He hit that like he knew what I was throwing him, He did I told him"

I was reminded of that one this morning. The Last Dragon was on, with Bruce Leroy and Sho Nuff, the Shogun of Harlem. :)

Man... you are talking about the "best negro kung-fu musical of 1985."

Joe Bob Goes to the Drive-In - 4/12/85

The star is a guy named Leroy, also know as Bruce Leeroy, who lives in Harlem above the family binness, the only Negro pizza joint in New York ("Jussta directa you feetsa to Daddy Green's Pizza"). All Leroy does is watch Bruce Lee movies, go to kung fu class, wear a little chinaman's hat, say stuff like, "I am confused, master," and take guff off a dude named Sho Nuff, The Shogun of Harlem, who dresses like the heavyweight pimp of the world. What we got here is black guys acting like Chinamen, and Chinamen trying to jive, and stupid white people all over the lot, trying to cheat the Negroes out of their Empty-V record money. We got kung-fu dancing. We got a gang fight in front of a moviehouse screen where Bruce Lee is kickboxing in "Enter the Dragon." We got piranha tanks. We got throwing stars, Nunchuks, and Chinese breakdancing to the song "Suki Yaki Hot Saki Sue." We got punks and geeks and professional killer wrestlers. We got something out of the mind of Berry Gordy, king of Motown Records, master of jive music.

No breasts. One quart blood. Eighteen beasts. Ten kung fu scenes. Disco fu. Kid fu. Lightning-fist Negro fu. Seven brawls. Face-beating. Ankle-biting. Great "Kiss My Converse" scene. Four dead bodies. Drive-In Academy Award nominations for Taimak, as Bruce Leeroy, for being named Taimak; Vanity, as the Empty-V fox hostess, for being named Vanity; Julius J. Carry III as Sho Nuff, the Shogun of Harlem; Leo O'Brien, Leeroy's kid brother, who says affectionate brother stuff like, "You chocolate-covered yellow peril ping-pong-playing chow-mean-for-brains kung-fu-head"; Christopher Murney, as one of the best stupid white people gangsters of the year; and a bunch of other Negroes and Chinamen that all look alike. Four stars.

Joe Bob says twist and shout, check it out.

O there are so many, i work evenings so by the time I get home the only thing on is movies (or dvr'd shows)
Anything by Kevin Smith (cept maybe Jersey Girl)
Any Die Hards
Matchstick Men
Boiler Room
Office Space
40 year old virgin
Gone in 60 Seconds (nicholas cage version)
and prob fav movie...The Boondock Saints

Pulp Fiction, I quit counting somewhere around 63 viewings. The Bonnie Situation has been watched well over 200 times ... Yes you did Brad ... :)

think my favorites that I definately watch over and over are Back to the Futures and Die Hards. Men In Blacks, and all Tommy Lee Jones movies. Like all the Under Siege's with Steven Segal :D. Harry Potters are among the newer ones. I kinda like the Lord of the rings, but they are a tad hard to watch all the way thru in one sitting (the uncut versions are the ones i have)

As a side note:
Almost any show that comes on the movie channels has rewatchability with me. I don't mind one bit, and I'm easily amused. If more than one is appealing (happens all the time) I go with the actors I like. Bruce Willis, Arnold Swartzenegger(spelling?), Keanu Reaves, Tommy Lee Jones, and Harrison Ford are among the greats, to me. I like to try out all the series or shows at least once, as well as Discovery channel showings. Cartoons are nice too -- Camp Lazlo is a good one :D.

Jaws

Watched it again this weekend. My kid keeps walking around with a growling voice saying "1160 men went into the water, 300 came out" "Alright, Chief.." :D :D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts