Moving after Jan.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rstokas

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 23, 2004
If I lose my DNS I may have to move. Anyone know if people with DNS will lose them. I have waivers but a few of them are no longer there becaue Dtv messed up. They kept them on however even though I dont have a true waiver. They reapplied for me after I was granted so they made a note that I was approved even though my status says I didnt want it.

If I move to Ottawa IL, they say locals are available from Chicago. Does that mean I will no longer be allowed to get the DNS? Before you could get both Chicago and DNS. If move there I assume I will not get DNS. Is this true?

Where can I move to get DNS? Any cities or towns? Will I get HD feeds as well. If you have DNS does that mean you get the HD feeds as well?

If I move to LA will the conus channels show up in the 380's or just on the lower channels?

rstokas said:
If I move to Ottawa IL, they say locals are available from Chicago. Does that mean I will no longer be allowed to get the DNS

Yes, in an area where lil are available you can not get DNS.

rstokas said:
Before you could get both Chicago and DNS. If move there I assume I will not get DNS. Is this true?

Yes

rstokas said:
Where can I move to get DNS?

Any city that doesn't get LIL

rstokas said:
Will I get HD feeds as well. If you have DNS does that mean you get the HD feeds as well?

No, HD feeds are not available as distants now and won't be until the FCC gets around to defining digital white areas.

rstokas said:
If I move to LA will the conus channels show up in the 380's or just on the lower channels?

If you move to LA those channels would be your local channels so they would be in the lower channel numbers, you would only be able to get the channels on the conus unless you are close enough to be within the spot beam.

so If i move to LA and really live in the midwest the LA channels will not show up?

Should I just move to a mountain rural area in the rockies maybe?

If I do that will I get HD?

rstokas said:
so If i move to LA and really live in the midwest the LA channels will not show up?

The channels on the conus beam will show up, but not the ones on the spot beam.

rstokas said:
Should I just move to a mountain rural area in the rockies maybe?

If I do that will I get HD?

No, you cannot get HD distants anymore and will not be able to until the FCC defines where the digital white areas are. This could be done in 60 days or may not be done until next year. No one knows how long it will take the gov't to do this.

bwarning said:
If you move to Ottawa IL. you will get all four east coast hd distant feeds because of O&O.

I don't think that is true, but even if it were why would you need to move to Ottawa if you already live in chicago and get the he distants from living in chicago?

Ottawa was the perfect place to move to! I didn't earlier because I have 3 of the 4 and didnt want the letter requesting me to chose local or DNS sent to that address.

BUT how is Ottawa a good place to move now? All I would get is Chicago locals and the HD east networks.

I want
1. Chicago Locals
2. DNS all 4
and
3. HD all 4

If I can not have that I would like
1. DNS all 4

and if not that
LA LA LA LA channels!

Ottawa was perfect but I don't know where is the perfect place now.

Also Ottawa is not O and O is it? Doesnt Ottawa have its own networks or use Peoria?

Ottawa can have Chicago locals. The nearest stations are close to Iowa . Ottawa had no grade b , just a little to the west got grade b from Iowa stations I believe. I did not know that you all ready had Chicago stations. I had "moved" to Ottawa about A year ago previously "lived" in Dekalb, my bill goes to Peoria.

rstokas said:
I want
1. Chicago Locals
2. DNS all 4
and
3. HD all 4

I don't think that there is any way to get this anymore because if you can get the chicago locals you would not be able to get DNS. The new rule is if you live in a place that has LIL you cannot get DNS.

rstokas said:
If I can not have that I would like
1. DNS all 4

I'm sure that there are still places that you can get DNS, I just don't know of any. You would have to find a place that doesn't get LIL.

?

Do you get DNS from there? If I move there now will I get the DNS and HD feeds from E and W because I have DNS?

Should I move there tonight? I called and they said I wonder since its not Jan 1 yet if I could get all them turned on? And then I would get a letter asking if I wanted DNS or the locals?

Would they mail that to my billing address?

Maybe I will be lucky and keep the 3 DNS I have? Any way I will be lucky?

For the last time, you CANNOT get DNS by moving to Ottawa anymore. It doesn't matter that it is not Jan 1st yet, the new bill became a law on the day it was signed by the president which was a couple weeks ago.

If the bill became law a few weeks ago and I still have my
CBS NBC and ABC DNS then I am ok right?

I do not have to worry about losing them?
So Jan. 1, means nothing?

?

Why not just move to Chicago?

Directv said if I lived in an area with no locals and was eligible for DNS then I get the HD feeds as well!!! Is this true or are they mistaken?

Can somebody explain what these lingo mean: DMS, IL, LIL ?

Is there any website decode the techno abbreviations, like these ?

Thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Montana and DNS

Lss 3200a

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)