MSG & MSG+ now being blacked out for zip code 18301

Status
Please reply by conversation.
This is not true. I have Center Ice and I can watch the game on the RSN channel just fine.

Ummm..

Location NC

I think that explains why. If you're INSIDE the RSN's market, you HAVE to watch on the RSN. The local team is blacked out on CI. Like here, I can't watch Avalanche games on CI, I have to watch them on Altitude. But even though I get MSG in the sportspack, I can't watch the Devils games on 634/635 because they are blacked out. I have to watch them on the 700's.

when Directv does freeviews (MLB EI, NBA LP and NHL CI) both the "package" channels (700's) AND the RSN are open just for the games. When the NHL had the freeview at the beginning of the year I recorded a few games on the RSN's and not the 700's mainly because the RSN shows the timeframe as 3 hours versus the 700's where they do it for 6 hours

When the freeview is over then yes you must watch out of market games on the 700's

When the freeview is over then yes you must watch out of market games on the 700's
I think he will be OK though, Beacause he Gets MSG and MSG + , Because thats his RSN's, But he doesn't get Devils games because they are considered OUT of Market for the Scranton DMA. So I think they won't be blacked out in his case with CI!

correct Hemi
But I was referring to the post above that said during the freeviews the RSN's are open just for the games

I would advise the OP to do a refresh services. I had a bunch of x721 on NBALP HD feeds last night, had to refresh services and everything came back. Also had to do the same thing on my parent's account, as they had the same issue. Something went screwy yesterday when the NBALP freeview ended, as RSNs went grayed out and HD feeds on NBALP went x721.

https://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/mydirectv/mysystem/mySystemResendAuthorization.jsp

Something went screwy yesterday when the NBALP freeview ended, as RSNs went grayed out and HD feeds on NBALP went x721.

you know now that I think of it I had that same issue. My local FSN (668 FSN North) was greyed out even though its my local RSN. Its not greyed out now but maybe I'll do a reboot

If you can get the Syracuse DMA Signal, that is a New York State Sports Fan Dream..

YES Network HD (Ch. 631) - HD Available
s.gif
New Jersey Nets (HD Available)
s.gif
Yankees (HD Available)
Madison Square Garden (Ch. 634) - HD Available
s.gif
Buffalo Sabres (HD Available)
s.gif
New Jersey Devils (HD Available)
s.gif
New York Islanders (HD Available)
s.gif
New York Knicks (HD Available)
s.gif
New York Rangers (HD Available)
MSG Plus HD (Ch. 635) - HD Available
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
New York Knicks
(HD Available)
s.gif
SportsNet New York HD (Ch. 639) - HD Available
s.gif
Mets (HD Available)

If you can get the Syracuse DMA Signal, that is a New York State Sports Fan Dream..

s.gif
s.gif
Yankees (HD Available)
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
New York Knicks
(HD Available)
s.gif
s.gif
Mets (HD Available)
Yea, that would be, but way out of that spotbeam For their locals.:)

With any DIRECTV base package (CHOICE or above, or MÁS ULTRA or above):

YES Network HD (Ch. 631) - HD Available New Jersey Nets (HD Available)
s.gif
Yankees (HD Available)

Madison Square Garden (Ch. 634) - HD Available New Jersey Devils (HD Available)New York Islanders (HD Available)
s.gif
s.gif

MSG Plus HD (Ch. 635)- HD Available
s.gif
s.gif

s.gif
Mets (HD Available)
s.gif

With the PREMIER or LO MAXIMO package or any DIRECTV base package plus SPORTS Pack, you also get:

FS Pittsburgh HD (Ch. 659)- HD Available
s.gif
Pirates (HD Available)
s.gif
Pittsburgh Penguins (HD Available)

!
Islandguy:
I get these in Pike county PA
But I also get NY City Locals

He is well in NY City Spotbeam though!

s.gif
s.gif
Yankees (HD Available)
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
New York Knicks
(HD Available)
s.gif
s.gif
Mets (HD Available)
My RSN's (here in Rochester NY 14617) say I should get the same channels as Syracuse but except for the free preview I have been blacked out of all Islanders games until tonight's game. Then last night's Devils game was also blacked out. I have talked with Direct TV a couple of times and they say they don't know why I am being blacked out, just that the NHL told them to black out my zip code. They can't give me any reason why games are blacked out and told me to email the NHL and try and get an answer from them, which I did but haven't heard anything yet. Since I am in the home team area for all four teams getting Center Ice would do me no good since I would be blacked out since they are all my home teams. Does anyone know if customers get blacked out in Syracuse of any of these games.

Iceberg said:
you know now that I think of it I had that same issue. My local FSN (668 FSN North) was greyed out even though its my local RSN. Its not greyed out now but maybe I'll do a reboot

I get my RSN but they were greyed out in the guide. Called Direct yesterday and they said they are aware of the issue. This morning both of my RSN were in the guide but now one of the two is greyed out in the guide. You can watch but cannot record.

when Directv does freeviews (MLB EI, NBA LP and NHL CI) both the "package" channels (700's) AND the RSN are open just for the games. When the NHL had the freeview at the beginning of the year I recorded a few games on the RSN's and not the 700's mainly because the RSN shows the timeframe as 3 hours versus the 700's where they do it for 6 hours

The NHL freeview is over and I can watch every game tonight on the RSN's in the 600's and of course I can watch the NHL Center Ice channels in the 700's.

The NHL freeview is over and I can watch every game tonight on the RSN's in the 600's and of course I can watch the NHL Center Ice channels in the 700's.

Ok whatever you say.. :rolleyes:

You watch YOUR games.. Canes games.. On YOUR RSN. EVERYTHING else you have to watch in the 700's. Unless of course you have the holy grail of access cards, in which case you wouldn't need to sub to Center Ice because the RSNs on YOUR access card are not subject to blackouts. :rolleyes:

Ok whatever you say.. :rolleyes:

You watch YOUR games.. Canes games.. On YOUR RSN. EVERYTHING else you have to watch in the 700's. Unless of course you have the holy grail of access cards, in which case you wouldn't need to sub to Center Ice because the RSNs on YOUR access card are not subject to blackouts. :rolleyes:

I love how you assume I'm lying. :rolleyes: I'm not even talking about my Canes. My Canes aren't even playing tonight!

For example, right now I can watch the TB-LA game on 776 or 777 on the Center Ice channels but I can watch on the RSN's on channels 653 (SUN) or on 692 (FSW) without being blacked out also.

Now I have the Sports Pack, so I don't know if that makes a difference but I'm not lying..:confused:

I'm not sure why folks are disagreeing.

I'm in the MN market (FOX Sports North), and I end up tuning the RSNs directly because it's quicker to get specific team feeds than to pick both game feeds out of the 700s and figure out which is which team's home feed.

The RSNs are all authorized for NHL games if you subscribe to Center Ice. I believe the 700 series channels are just there to make things easier by grouping all of the channels with games together in the same area.

I'm in the MN market (FOX Sports North), and I end up tuning the RSNs directly because it's quicker to get specific team feeds than to pick both game feeds out of the 700s and figure out which is which team's home feed.

I do the same thing when there was a MLB EI Freeview or NHL freeview....and this is before I had the sportspack added :)

espaeth said:
I'm not sure why folks are disagreeing.

The RSNs are all authorized for NHL games if you subscribe to Center Ice. I believe the 700 series channels are just there to make things easier by grouping all of the channels with games together in the same area.

Yeah, I'm in the Indy DMA and record all the Red Wings games on 663 - Fox Sports Detroit instead of the 7XX channel. That way I get the home feed and don't tie up a tuner for six hours. Been doing it this way for years. No Sports Pack.

People aren't lying.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts