Msghd?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Just received the November issue of D*'s magazine. In the October issue it had MSG listed as HD, in November the HD symbol is gone. So maybe it does launch, and maybe it doesn't.

Ohhh man theyer coming.....

In the DVR Scheduler Beta Listings they now list MSG-HD and FSNY-HD

This means they must be coming tomorrow !!!

YESSSSSSSSSSS

Anyone involved in th beta just use SEARCH FOR "HD" in "channel"

Search for: [hd]
Page 3/8

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FOODHD - 231
FOXE - 88
FOXW - 89
FSDHD - 636
FSNYHD - 624 FSPTHD - 653
FSSWHD - 643
FSWHD - 652
FUELHD - 612
FXHD - 248
HBOH - 70
HBOWHD - 504

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Next
Back
Search for: [hd]
Page 4/8

HGTVHD - 229
HISTHD - 269
MAXHD - 512
MAXWHD - 514
MGMHD - 255
MSGHD - 621
NBAHD - 601
NBCE - 82
NBCW - 83
NESNHD - 623
NFL - 709
NFLHD - 212

Next
Back

Just searched FSNY-HD and look at the results!!!

5:00p 10/25
Thoroughbred Action - 5:30p 10/25
The FSN Final Score Extra... -
6:00p 10/25
Devils Pregame - 6:30p 10/25
Devils @ Rangers[HD] - 7:00p 10/25
Devils Postgame[HD] - 9:30p 10/25
High-School Football... -
10:00p 10/25

Next
Back

Scott's post was from over a week ago. These things change quick, and yes you have to know that very few people would know this in advance. On the other hand - the Dolan's are known to throw curve balls.

ugh... the wait for these two channels is getting ridiculous.

any idea what happened sco?

Geez, with a screen name like yours, I would think you would be good at waiting! :haha:haha

isn't it so strange how there was all this hype about MSG HD about 2 weeks before the NHL CI free preview ended and it never materialized? now it's time to make the same kind of decision on NBA Pass in a couple of weeks and again all this hype about MSG HD on D*.

I really, really hope they do get it as it would benefit everyone, but sorry if i'm a little skeptical. This just sounds like a ploy to get people to sign up for sports packages based on a rumor. Unless someone sees FSNY HD and MSG HD with their own eyes, don't buy the myth people.

Has anyone seen any actual official documentation that cablevision agreed to let D* have these channels. I haven't. Just a bunch of sitings of the channels in an online guide doesnt make it so.

Has anyone seen any actual official documentation that cablevision agreed to let D* have these channels. I haven't. Just a bunch of sitings of the channels in an online guide doesnt make it so.

No but the MSG-HD logo has appeared in much of the advertising that D* has done. I'm in the advertising biz - they need to get sign off to use that logo or they are breaking the law. And believe me, Cablevision would sue them in a second if they didn't give them permission to use it. All that tells me is that yes, there is an agreement - the $64k question is when does the carriage kick in? I trust that Scobuck was given accurate information and for whatever reason it was delayed. So I'm still betting that it won't be much longer.

No but the MSG-HD logo has appeared in much of the advertising that D* has done. I'm in the advertising biz - they need to get sign off to use that logo or they are breaking the law. And believe me, Cablevision would sue them in a second if they didn't give them permission to use it. All that tells me is that yes, there is an agreement - the $64k question is when does the carriage kick in? I trust that Scobuck was given accurate information and for whatever reason it was delayed. So I'm still betting that it won't be much longer.

Well, it's not clear that Cablevision knows anything about the logo. D* has been touting MSG-HD and FSNY-HD on its website for quite a while now (close to a year), and it hasn't happened. Why didn't CV sue them up to now?

Fact is, no one who is posting here really knows. The real key question is not when it kicks in but what "it" is. Carrying MSG-HD might just be carrying it for out-of-market viewing via NHL-CI or NBA-LP. Perhaps this was all tied to Cablevision being taken private (which it now appears won't necessarily happen).

We have D* on one side continuing to use the MSG-HD logo and putting it in the channel guide and CV on the other saying "only on cable". The people on these boards who claim to know, don't really. I agree it's confusing but it is also hard to believe that we wouldn't hear a "peep" in the media about CV changing its stance, nor is there a real economic reason for them to do so (perhaps it's legal).

=NLK=

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts