Mtv Hd

korsjs

Welcome To SatelliteGuys
Supporting Founder
Jan 25, 2004
Land O Lakes, FL
i don't know if you guys mentioned this in another thread, but i see MHD is now available for brighthouse tampa. channel 693. don't know about orlando.

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer
Supporting Founder
Sep 13, 2005
daytona beach
yeah, i know. not in orlando yet, i'm hearing maybe a month, maybe a tad longer, maybe sooner.

have you seen it? do you like it?

korsjs

Welcome To SatelliteGuys
Supporting Founder
Jan 25, 2004
Land O Lakes, FL
i had it when i had fios tv. would watch the occasional concert. it was nice for watching the award shows in hd.

picture quality for mhd on brighthouse is about the same as their other hd channels. i do not have my reciever hooked up right now so can't comment on what their sound (5.1) is like.

razorphreak900

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 10, 2006
tampa bay area
yea we already knew like a week ago. personally i don't watch the channel often (atleast not yet) but i like it when its broadcast in 5.1 (not all shows/music videos they give is in 5.1) and when they do it frigging sounds awesome,when broadcast in 2.0 sound it sound just like the regular mtv quality.but i was like damn the first day lol when i heard some concert in 5.1 (i dont like the type of music but i got into it due to the quality of the sound)lol, , i notice some of the music videos are up converted but 95 percent of it (last time i checked the channel out) was a very clean hd channel, no ("lighthd") so it was a nice addition to b honest..something to see when there is nothing else or if they got anything"special" we could enjoy it in hd now :).well im out, take care guys.

HDTVFanAtic

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 23, 2005
Appears a number of the music videos from 3am - 9am are upconverts.

I see a ton of macroblocking at times, but as those are mostly live concerts with lights and strobes, I can't say if its bandwidth related or not.

Most of the programming is not in 5.1 and quite frankly I think it will be a very long time before we see that happen anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts