Multi Sport Pak

bowens

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 30, 2005
Florida
I called E* last night to inquire about their Multi-Sport Package. The lady I spoke with told me that I would get all of the channels listed on the website. She even read some off to me, "Fox Detroit, NBA TV...". So I signed up for it. Well, I checked and the only channels added were Sun Sports and Fox Florida (I live in Florida, near Gainesville - 32693). So this morning I called back the the lady I talked to this time told me that I wasn't signed up for the multi-sport, and that it wasn't even available in my area. What's the deal with this? Is this package only available in certain areas? And if someone can get it, do you get all of the channels or just the ones for your region?

Multisport is available nationwide but you will not get to watch any professional sports carried by the out of market networks. These are REGIONAL NETWORKS and their contracts are for specefic regions of the country. Non professional sports such as college teams will be available to watch unless they have regional contracts. You will have a lot of blacked out programming on out of market networks.

The Multi Sports pack includes the following channels, but as mentioned above the pro sports are blacked out except on your regional network and NBA TV:

NBA TV 402 110°
Comcast Sports Net. West (Sacramento) CSNWS 409 110°
Fox Sports West 2 FSW2 411 119°
MSG - Madison Square Garden Network MSG 412 119°
Fox Sports New York FOXNY 413 119°
Fox Sports Rocky Mountain FOXRM 414 119°
Fox Sports Arizona FOXAZ 415 119°
Fox Sports Southwest FOXSW 416 119°
Fox Sports West FOXW 417 119°
Fox Sports Midwest FOXMW 418 119°
Fox Sports Bay Area FOXBA 419 119°
Fox Sports South FOXS 420 119°
Sunshine Network SUN 422 119°
Fox Sports Florida FOXFL 423 119°
Comcast Sports Network-Mid Atlantic (HTS) CCSN 424 119°
Fox Sports Ohio(Cleveland/State Wide) FOXOH 425 119°
Fox Sports Northwest FOXNW 426 119°
Fox Sports Ohio(Cincinnati) FOXCN 427 119°
Fox Sports Pittsburgh FOXPT 428 119°
Comcast Sports Net. Chicago CSNCH 429 119°
Fox Sports Detroit FOXD 430 119°
New England Sports Network NESN 434 119°
Fox Sports New England FOXNE 435 119°
Fox Sports North (MN) (WI on FS Alt2-446) FOXN 436 119°
Turner South TUSOU 437 110°

See ya
Tony

Well, the CS rep I talked to told me that the Mutli-Sport is not even available in my area. The first I talked to told me I could get it but then just signed me up for the AT60+ instead of the AT60 that I had. I don't care about watching pro sports. The main reason I want this is to watch college basketball.

From the Dish Network website

"The Multi Sport Package is available in some geographical locations when you subscribe to America's Top 60, America's Top 120, or 180 programming package. This package may be subject to extensive blackouts of sporting events and other programming noted in the guide."

Does anyone know where it is available and where it is not?

No, the only sports I can add on the website is the Outdoor Channel. I guess I just don't understand why it's available in some areas and not others.

Not in Pittsburgh, PA.

The Multi Sport Package is not available in the Pittsburgh, Pa. DMA. I have tried for over 2 years to get it. I think Fox Sports Pittsburgh has something to do with this. Go to the Dish web site and type in any Pittsburgh, PA. zip code, such as 15222 and see what happens. It won't be available. My zip is 15037 and I can't get it.

Joe P

Part of the problem is that the multi sports pack is NOT available with AT60 anywhere at any price.

You have to have at least AT60 Plus (I think). It used to be at least AT120. I was unaware of geographical restrictions to the multi-sports pack.

See ya
Tony

TNGTony said:
Part of the problem is that the multi sports pack is NOT available with AT60 anywhere at any price.
You have to have at least AT60 Plus (I think). It used to be at least AT120. I was unaware of geographical restrictions to the multi-sports pack.
See ya
Tony
It maybe the requirement for a Regional Sports Network before the Sports Pak can be ordered. If there is no regional network available then the Sports Pak wouldn't be available.

Another place on the E* website says
"The Multi Sport Package is available in some geographical locations when you subscribe to America's Top 120 or 180 programming package. "
So one place said I could get it with AT60, but here is says you have to have at least AT120. I don't know what's going on. I do have regional channels in my area though(Sun Sports and Fox Florida) so that's not the problem.

Last edited:
TNGTony said:
The Multi Sports pack includes the following channels, but as mentioned above the pro sports are blacked out except on your regional network and NBA TV:
Correct in spirit, but not perfectly accurate. Arena football, indoor lacrosse, and Canadian football are just three counterexamples.
Rather than cut and paste my long What You Get From the Sports Pack list again, I've decided to host it here: http://www.carload.com/dishsports.htm
TNGTony said:
NBA TV 402 110°
Fox Sports West 2 FSW2 411 119° ...
Altitude Sports and Entertainment 410 119° is listed on Dish's page for the Multi Sport Package. It's included, right?

TNGTony said:
NBA TV 402 110°
Turner South TUSOU 437 110°
See ya
Tony
Isn't Turner South on spotbeam? I've got the sportspack, but no TUSOU...

Turner South is only available in Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee and western North Carolina ONLY. It is not available outside that area at any price because that is the way Turner South wants it.

See ya
Tony

You people think you live in a free country, you will watch what they want you to watch and you be happy with it. I live in Philadelphia and when it comes to sports on small dish bend over and grab your ankles...I can watch China television but I can't watch the Phillies Or Flyers......What the hell is wrong with this picture?

RFtech said:
You people think you live in a free country, you will watch what they want you to watch and you be happy with it. I live in Philadelphia and when it comes to sports on small dish bend over and grab your ankles...I can watch China television but I can't watch the Phillies Or Flyers......What the hell is wrong with this picture?
I agree 100 % . If we are willing to pay why wouldn't they want our money?
This sports blackout crap and not letting us have the channels we are willing to pay for is just plain stupid to me!

carload said:
Correct in spirit, but not perfectly accurate. Arena football, indoor lacrosse, and Canadian football are just three counterexamples.
Rather than cut and paste my long What You Get From the Sports Pack list again, I've decided to host it here: http://www.carload.com/dishsports.htmAltitude Sports and Entertainment 410 119° is listed on Dish's page for the Multi Sport Package. It's included, right?

Altitude TV, I believe, is only available in Colorado and a few states immediately outside Colorado...I could be wrong tho.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)