Multi switch on H20

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Kevcarron

Original poster
Nov 6, 2005
CT
Problem - My H20 comes up with a Mutli switch error. I have to reboot every times this happen.

Question - What is a mutli switch?

what if you don't have one, Why does this happen?

Thank you

Kev

I have been having the same problem off and on for the past 3 weeks. a tech came out and just forced a software update - that didn't really fix the problem - but I haven't had an issue for the past few days........

to force a software update just press the red reset button and when the screen goes blue type in 0 2 4 6 8 and then it should say loading new software update. its worth a shot

if anyone has a different fix let us know - I don't have a multi switch (using the one inside the dish 4x4)

A fellow tech had mentioned to me that he replaced an LNB to resolve that problem on a service call.

A fellow tech had mentioned to me that he replaced an LNB to resolve that problem on a service call.

I jinxed myself and got the error again last night - ugh this is an ongoing issue and I'm dreading calling D* about this again

a simple reset fixes it so I can watch TV but its the most annoying thing of all time - I'll keep the LNB fix in mind

If you don't have an external multiswitch and the receiver is reporting a multiswitch error, this tells me that the integrated switch on the dish has failed. Before replacing the switch/LNB assembly, make sure all cables are secure and the connections are free of corrosion.

To answer the OP, a multiswitch is the thing that allows the receiver to select the correct satellite and transponder polarity for the channel requested.

Sometimes, just re-doing satellite setup clears the problem.

Layman’s terms = multi switch allows you to send the signal to more than one box. You should have a tec come out and replace it. After you try all the connections you can re-program the multi-sat (that sometimes works) but Id just call and get someone out there to fix it for you.

PS get the protection plan if your install is past what is it 90 days I think? bah just get it for now and drop it if you feel like its all solved, Id recommend anyone with HD equipment gets and keeps the pro-plan though.

I can clear the problem every time by either sat setup or reseting the box - it only happens the first time you turn on the box each day - last couple of days it has happened

looks like I will have to get somebody out to take a look

Status
Please reply by conversation.