multipathing??

snaggerbob

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 16, 2004
Taylorville,Illinois
how can you tell if an ota signal is multipathing? my cbs station is about 60 mi. from me so i didn't expect to pull it in but...i was playing with the antenna and could get a 50 to 60 siganl strength, then it would jump to 81-85, just for a second or two, then go back to 50. is this caused by multipathing? how do you keep it from doing that?

snaggerbob said:
how can you tell if an ota signal is multipathing? my cbs station is about 60 mi. from me so i didn't expect to pull it in but...i was playing with the antenna and could get a 50 to 60 siganl strength, then it would jump to 81-85, just for a second or two, then go back to 50. is this caused by multipathing? how do you keep it from doing that?
Yes that is multipathing. Try a directional antenna. Channel master 4228. Buy it at www.solidsignal.com they are reputable and have decent prices.

Are you using the multi switch and diplexor to get the antenna signal to your voom box? If so, try a straight connection.

I have a low level fox signal and it was bouncing all over the place and wouldn't lock on. To isolate it I removed the diplexor and ran a temporary cable straight from the antenna to the receiver and it was just fine after that.

i also removed the diplexor and ran a separate line but still can't get a lock on cbs. i read some threads about a thing called an attenuator, would this thing help? where is it placed? where can i get one?

snaggerbob said:
i also removed the diplexor and ran a separate line but still can't get a lock on cbs. i read some threads about a thing called an attenuator, would this thing help? where is it placed? where can i get one?
an antenuator is used to reduce all signal levels in case you have one that is overpowering the others, reducing all of them could reduce that one so that it doesnt cause problems anymore. It is place in the antenna line, (very cheap item) and generally used in systems without a pre amp.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts