Multiple Radios -- REAL discount for multi units?

mattv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 14, 2011
n/a
One year trial just ended in my new vehicle. I got the $86/year letter.

I have another vehicle with XM radio that hasn't been subbed for ~3 years, and a mobile XM radio that hasn't been subbed for ~7 years.

I called in today trying to get some sort of a multi-radio deal, best they said they could do was $86 per year, per receiver..... $306.xx for the year for all 3 radios after taxes. Phone representative got pretty grouchy with me when i pushed for a better deal.

Call me crazy, but $25/month for radio is just silly.

Does anyone have multi-unit pricing better than this? How did you negotiate the deal?

If you have the radio active then call to cancel you can get as low as $25 for 5 months, or something close to that. Premier available too for about $10 more.

Down side is 5 or 6 months the longest they will offer that aggressive price, and you'll have to call to cancel again. Each radio would be that price.

If you are aggressive with them, call every time the promo runs out, you could run 3 radios for $150-$200 a year or so.

When I call in each year they tell me the MAIN radio is $195 and the others are discounted.

I have 3 radios and now am up to around $ 400-450 a year, getting too high in my opinion.

I think when I broke it down my last one was about $125 per radio, probably plus tax.

One year trial just ended in my new vehicle. I got the $86/year letter.

I have another vehicle with XM radio that hasn't been subbed for ~3 years, and a mobile XM radio that hasn't been subbed for ~7 years.

I called in today trying to get some sort of a multi-radio deal, best they said they could do was $86 per year, per receiver..... $306.xx for the year for all 3 radios after taxes. Phone representative got pretty grouchy with me when i pushed for a better deal.

Call me crazy, but $25/month for radio is just silly.

Does anyone have multi-unit pricing better than this? How did you negotiate the deal?

They offered you $86 a year for each radio? Should have taken that. Before the increase the best generally was $77 a radio. Have you seen the actual cost, it is around $195 a year for the first, and $125 for each added. Many do get offered deals, but $86 is $258 for all three, or $7.20 a month per radio, I can see why the CSR got cranky, that's better than many including myself have been able to get.

Last edited:
If you have the radio active then call to cancel you can get as low as $25 for 5 months, or something close to that. Premier available too for about $10 more.

Down side is 5 or 6 months the longest they will offer that aggressive price, and you'll have to call to cancel again. Each radio would be that price.

If you are aggressive with them, call every time the promo runs out, you could run 3 radios for $150-$200 a year or so.

That has not been the case for awhile, but even at that he's $58 over the $200. It might have been what you say before they raised the price but on the forums I go to I'm not seeing anywhere near $150 for three radios though three year signups could be closer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)