My first HR10-250...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

BillyT

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 10, 2003
Maine
I just got off of the retention line with DirecTV. I told them that I had read on the TIVO community board that long-time, loyal customers were now getting deals on the HR10-250 high-definition receiver for $299.00. (There is a thread up there regarding as such which is where I learned of the deal in the first place.) I had already been told I could get a $150.00 discount on that very box two months ago to the day. The CSR told me he would honor it and the $100.00 mail-in rebate would still apply. When all is said and done, I am getting this thing for under $100.00. That is the best deal I've ever seen on it.

They gave me a brand new HR10-250 for 299.00
They gave me a $150 discount
They gave me a $100 mail-in rebate
They gave me free sales tax as it wouldn't come up for the CSR for Maine
They gave me $5 off TC Premiere for 6 months
They gave me $5 off the HD pack for 6 months
They are giving me a free installation with Sat "C" kit
There was a $14.95 shipping and handling fee
There was a 2-year commitment to any package above TC Limited
The installer arrives with my equipment on Friday 8/19/2005

I'm done waiting. I'm committed and signed up. My wife may have me committed too, but I just couldn't resist. This is the best deal I've seen yet.

--------------------------------------

I did receive a good deal in the early 90's on a mountain bike. I tried a bunch of them and decided on a Bridgestone MB-3. Then I called Bridgestone and got a vendor listing for New England. I called every vendor in Massachusetts where I lived at the time, got the lowest price, called them all back, rinse and repeat until I got the rock bottom price and I wound up saving about $400.00 on the average retail price of that bike by doing so. That was back before the days of pricegrabber.com. ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

club directv?

How Local Station signals are received???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)