My first Sunday watching NFL in HD on Voom:

bnl107

SatelliteGuys Family
Supporting Founder
Jun 29, 2004
Allentown, PA
One word... AMAZING! :shocked :D D* can take their Sunday Ticket and shove it. I have more football today between CBS-HD, Fox-HD, my local IND-HD channel, and ESPN-HD than I could ask for, and all in increadible HD. Brilliant! I've had an HD TV for over a year and never watched a sporting event in HD until today. And today, now that Voom upgraded my OTA antenna last week, I have three or four different football games, a WNBA game, a college football game, a baseball game, PGA golf, tennis, and soccor all to choose from at the same time. I don't understand why anyone would pay so much for Sunday Ticket-HD when they can get so much football (and other sports) in HD for free OTA with Voom. Voom - keep doing what you're doing! Now that I have an OTA antenna that works, I don't even want to think of life without Voom. Some people might disagree, but in my opinion, my advice to anyone thinking of dropping the $200+ for D*'s Sunday Ticket: Go out, spend $100 on a good OTA antenna (ex. ChannelMaster 4880), and sign up with Voom (or just ask them to upgrade your OTA antenna after you sign up, they gave me mine for free!). Save money, get better HD quality, and more HD channels all the time than you could ever ask for! I could keep ranting and raving about how good this is, but I'm going to go call some buddies over and show off ;). Thanks again Voom!

bnl107 said:
"a WNBA game, a college football game, a baseball game, PGA golf, tennis" what service you watching that you get this via VOom? I don't see it :confused:

Did not know college football was on on sunday....hmmmm.

well, lets see WNBA was on ESPN, baseball was on ESPN as well. PGA golf was either on ESPN or Golf Channel. Tennis was on Tennis channel.

and of course, college football was yesterday and it could have been a taped delay today (just a guess).

Madtown HD Junkie said:
It's great you love the NFL HD game on Voom but it really has nothing to do with VOom, let's be honest.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Madtown HD Junkie said:
It's great you love the NFL HD game on Voom but it really has nothing to do with VOom, let's be honest.

Yes, nothing to do with carrying the OTA because VOOM does not carry them. But my guess (since I have been reading the difficulty he was having getting his OTA channels) is that he is saying "thank you to VOOM" for taking the time and money (several trips were made to do this, if I remember correctly) to put up an antenna that works and integrate the signal into the PG. Not much, not less. When I first put up my antenna two to three years ago, I had to do it myself and there was no satellite company providing one either. In my case, it was a trial and error finding the antenna that worked for my location. If I have to thank someone of getting my OTA locals, it is AVSforum. Since it was through this forum that I found a lot of information on how to deal with all the very difficult problems of getting over the air reception for locals. Once I was able to get my first local over the air, I have never looked back to the compress local channels on satellite. Now that my area has most of them, it is hard to go back to satellite SD local channels. Too much compression which the SD channel over satellite. The over the air signal kicks satellite in the butt everytime.

Sean Mota said:
Yes, nothing to do with carrying the OTA because VOOM does not carry them. But my guess (since I have been reading the difficulty he was having getting his OTA channels) is that he is saying "thank you to VOOM" for taking the time and money (several trips were made to do this, if I remember correctly) to put up an antenna that works and integrate the signal into the PG. Not much, not less. When I first put up my antenna two to three years ago, I had to do it myself and there was no satellite company providing one either. In my case, it was a trial and error finding the antenna that worked for my location. If I have to thank someone of getting my OTA locals, it is AVSforum. Since it was through this forum that I found a lot of information on how to deal with all the very difficult problems of getting over the air reception for locals. Once I was able to get my first local over the air, I have never looked back to the compress local channels on satellite. Now that my area has most of them, it is hard to go back to satellite SD local channels. Too much compression which the SD channel over satellite. The over the air signal kicks satellite in the butt everytime.

Let me thank you guys for all the info I have gleaned from this forum. I visit this more than espn or my local packer news website. I agree about the Sd locals.....gotta have an OTA.

Madtown HD Junkie
Registered User Join Date: Jun 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnl107
"a WNBA game, a college football game, a baseball game, PGA golf, tennis" what service you watching that you get this via VOom? I don't see it

Did not know college football was on on sunday....hmmmm.

well, lets see WNBA was on ESPN, baseball was on ESPN as well. PGA golf was either on ESPN or Golf Channel. Tennis was on Tennis channel.

and of course, college football was yesterday and it could have been a taped delay today (just a guess).

This post is backwards....I posted the quote not the other part unless someone log in as me??????????

Madtown HD Junkie said:
This post is backwards....I posted the quote not the other part unless someone log in as me??????????

This is really weird. I posted this Madtown... I was wondering where it went. Somehow when I was posting this it went as you (weird). :confused:

rkr0923 said:
college football on Sunday?
has to be taped
I don't know about this week, but there has been college football on Sunday. I know for a fact that Purdue played Syracuse a couple weeks ago. (Go Boilers! :D )

Who else thought MNF PQ last night left a lot to be desired? The closeups were simply amazing, but the widefield shots were horrid! The grass was dancing and wiggling like it was full of maggots. Is this a limitation to ABC's 720P or is it lousy encoding?

Does your ABC station have all those sub-channels,mine here has 7-1(main HD),7-2(weather radar),and 7-3(ABC news channel)too many channels in the pipeline I think.

No, my ABC only has one subchannel, ABCNews, but the bandwidth they devote to it is on the order of like 2 Mbps so it shouldn't affect the PQ. The first MNF game was pristine so I don't understand why this one was so much worse. The widefield shots from the first game didn't have the dancing grass. I've noticed this on ESPNHD games as well but don't see it on HDNET soccer games or football games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)