My Home Theater has Ruined Me!!! In a Good Way

tigerfan33

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2007
Alabama
Probably went to my last movie at the theater. it has been two years since I had been. Can't remember which movie but I do remember it was a chick flick (your welcome honey:)). I went tonight and started watching a 3D flick and walked out before it started. Showing previews I got the same sick feeling that I had when I demoed the 3D blu ray. Walked across the hall and started watching a movie called a Furry Vengeance. I walked out after 30 min. The movie itself MAY have been decent (I doubt it though)but the movie pq was awful!!! Soft, blurry and too dim. I kept trying to focus my eyes. My 106" screen blows it away!! I do have a HP screen which does help the brightness a good bit. I will wait for movies a few months instead of going to the theaters. With fp and HP screen at my house, no reason to go to the theater again!!

I only see movies in certain theaters now. Even certain screens in theaters. With the improvement of home theaters now, movie theaters have to go that extra mile to earn the $20 (ticket plus coke/popcorn). I used to go to every movie on opening weekend. Now I skip most movies in the theater, and possibly pick up the blu-ray if I think I might like it.

I've been skipping the theater for awhile now. My setup has me very happy, and I just dont feel the need. I'm mostly VOD'ing 1080p movies, unless its one I really wanna buy.

Probably went to my last movie at the theater. it has been two years since I had been. Can't remember which movie but I do remember it was a chick flick (your welcome honey:)). I went tonight and started watching a 3D flick and walked out before it started. Showing previews I got the same sick feeling that I had when I demoed the 3D blu ray. Walked across the hall and started watching a movie called a Furry Vengeance. I walked out after 30 min. The movie itself MAY have been decent (I doubt it though)but the movie pq was awful!!! Soft, blurry and too dim. I kept trying to focus my eyes. My 106" screen blows it away!! I do have a HP screen which does help the brightness a good bit. I will wait for movies a few months instead of going to the theaters. With fp and HP screen at my house, no reason to go to the theater again!!

Get used to staying home. My last movie at the theater was when "Seabiscuit" came out. I have no desire to go back, for MANY REASONS.

Somehow the diet coke and popcorn is compelling to make me want to go to the theater... Perhaps it is because I do not allow myself to drink diet coke during the day (I have one in the morning instead of coffee), and I do not keep popcorn in the house or I would eat it all the time.

I have this bucket thing for Carmike theaters (which is in my area). $2.50 for a giant bucket of popcorn. The large (yes it has to be 44oz of caffeine) diet coke still costs $5.

So, if they are showing a movie I kind of want to see on a screen that is decent size I will still go during the matinée, which still costs as much as the night price 3 years ago ($6).

I only go when I want to see the movie on a giant screen, and then only at The Warren which does Digital projection. Will have to go to Iron Man 2!

I rarely go anymore to the theatre. We have a brand-new multiplex just less than a mile from the house, all digital, all stadium-seating, and the worst picture quality of any theatre I have been too. It is just such a turn-off.

And I too am trying to avoid the popcorn, which I am a total sucker for. :)

Somehow the diet coke and popcorn is compelling to make me want to go to the theater... Perhaps it is because I do not allow myself to drink diet coke during the day (I have one in the morning instead of coffee), and I do not keep popcorn in the house or I would eat it all the time.

I have this bucket thing for Carmike theaters (which is in my area). $2.50 for a giant bucket of popcorn. The large (yes it has to be 44oz of caffeine) diet coke still costs $5.

So, if they are showing a movie I kind of want to see on a screen that is decent size I will still go during the matinée, which still costs as much as the night price 3 years ago ($6).

I've found good ol jiffy pop is a nice replacement!

I only go when I want to see the movie on a giant screen, and then only at The Warren which does Digital projection. Will have to go to Iron Man 2!

I just wish the Warren was a bigger chain. I go to the one in Oklahoma City (Moore, OK actually). Of course if you really want to spend big you can get the dinner seats and drink beer with your movie. I want one in my town!

They truely have a nice theater in OKC, all THX screens, great sound system. Two of the theaters have the dining balcony.

You think $5 for that drink is a good deal? YIKES !!!

You think $5 for that drink is a good deal? YIKES !!!

It is not a good deal, but since I do not allow myself to drink soft drinks during the day, except for the movies, it is a temptation (which I usually pay for by being wired and up to 3AM since I am not used to caffine at night).

I just wish the Warren was a bigger chain. I go to the one in Oklahoma City (Moore, OK actually). Of course if you really want to spend big you can get the dinner seats and drink beer with your movie. I want one in my town!

They truely have a nice theater in OKC, all THX screens, great sound system. Two of the theaters have the dining balcony.

The Warren in Old Town has one with 24 recliners food and drink, awesome! Plus four other stadium theaters with food and drink. All with great PQ and AQ.

After seeing Iron Man 2 at the Warren I thought, heck my picture is easily as good and my surround system is better. If first releases were available immediately I would never go to a theater again.

Technicolor shows off 3D system at Cannes

Well, bought a Vudu BX100 from SatinKzo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts