Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Well Spring is here and so is my in outdoor 12 foot movie screen!

With tommorows forcast to be in the high 80's it will be a perfect day to setupand test out the new screen. I am planning on showing the movies "The Wrestler" in Bluray HD on it for its debut film.

I found a website with a real good indepth review of the screen I purchased. (I got mine from WalMart for under $180)

http://www.projectorreviews.com/Gemmy/index.php

I can't wait to get this baby setup.

For tommorow nights show I am going to do 3.1 audio (Left right center and sub woofer) I will wait to setup the complete 5.1 system until later this summer. :)

Well Spring is here and so is my in outdoor 12 foot movie screen!

With tommorows forcast to be in the high 80's it will be a perfect day to setupand test out the new screen. I am planning on showing the movies "The Wrestler" in Bluray HD on it for its debut film.

I found a website with a real good indepth review of the screen I purchased. (I got mine from WalMart for under $180)

http://www.projectorreviews.com/Gemmy/index.php

I can't wait to get this baby setup.

For tommorow nights show I am going to do 3.1 audio (Left right center and sub woofer) I will wait to setup the complete 5.1 system until later this summer. :)

Your gonna love it Scott, I have one and it works quite well :). Wrinkles are a problem and will really bug you while waiting for it to get dark, but once it is dark they pretty well disappear. I,m old enough that I grew up at the drive in every weekend in the summertime so this brings back a lot of great memories for me. Nothing like a movie under the stars :up

Here we go...

First showing was on Saturday Night, and had a crowd of about 12 people.

The sound was good, but I learned quickly in the movie to bring the center speaker closer to the crowd as the dialog was getting drowned out by the left and right channels at times.

Moving it up helped big time.

Setting up the screen was easy. Taking it down was easy, but forget about trying to put it back in the bag in came in. :)

Here are some photos from the first night. :)

Attachments

• DSCN1458.JPG
    DSCN1458.JPG
    597.5 KB · Views: 186
  • DSCN1459.JPG
    DSCN1459.JPG
    628.8 KB · Views: 217
  • DSCN1467.JPG
    DSCN1467.JPG
    834.1 KB · Views: 216
  • DSCN1449.JPG
    DSCN1449.JPG
    937.2 KB · Views: 219
It's Saturday Night at the Drive In or Saturday Night at the Walk In? I'm sure the food you served was nothing like Drive-in Movie Food.

Just put this on the screen and you're all set my friend.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlIZlCu57nI]YouTube - Drive in intermission films[/ame]

There is an outdoor theater forum and links to get clips such as the above... I've been doing campfire theater movies for several years with my Fptv, using Surround PC speakers and white board mounted on the campers for screen... :)(btw we have a Drive In theater here that goes Fri-Mon nite till school's out then goes all week long...

Netflix Streaming: Last and Next Movie Watched

Tivo HD Media Features ???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)