My Rentals EMPTY after update!

Barco13,

You are very lucky! I still do not have anything showing up in My Rentals and tons of movies showing up on Dish Online. Anything I download disappears after the nightly update or if I do a reset it also disappears! I am now showing software L722 instead of L721, but the problem has not been fixed! What software version are you showing?

bountovinas said:
Barco13,

You are very lucky! I still do not have anything showing up in My Rentals and tons of movies showing up on Dish Online. Anything I download disappears after the nightly update or if I do a reset it also disappears! I am now showing software L722 instead of L721, but the problem has not been fixed! What software version are you showing?

I have L690, not sure when it was updated. As of today, I still have my titles. Pretty happy. On a side note, it seems like my receiver is quicker on guide scrolls now also.

I discovered a way to get a rented movie you can see in the cue on DOL. I use Opera which won't play the movies I clicked on one got the message it would not play on my browser but it started to play on my 722k, hooray!

Well that didn't last... Now I cannot start it from DOL.

Well phooey. Did your receiver perhaps get L750?

Why does Dish fix the wrong thing?

That is a darn good question. Their Sling authentication and playback software is so convoluted, I suspect nobody understands what is really going on. How else can we explain the TV1 playback bug rendering DO largely useless for everybody with Sling for months? How long has it been?

IMHO Dish should program it's receivers to MIRROR the Sling output on TV2, rather than putting up a slate. Then they could get rid of the "play on TV" entirely since playback on the web would also play back on TV2. Adding the ability to control TV1 via Sling Adapter and DRA (?) duplicates the capabilities of the TV1 remote to no purpose. Also adds a ton of lag. :(

Last edited:
Nope still have 690! The only good part about this is the "Sling" didn't cost me anything nor does blockbuster BUT it is annoying to have them and they not work well, and all Dish has to say it "sorry for any inconvenience". Man I really hate that phrase. I allow my brain to translate it into "We really don't give a damn about you or your problem"!

I don't know if my 722Ks have L750, pretty sure they have L690 (will update post later) but on 2 of my 722Ks "My Rentals" have "disappeared" after the nightly reboot. Pretty frustrating!

Well, all my rentals appeared yesterday miraculously! I have the vip 722 with L722 software. There was no change in the software either. I was able to delete all those that had expired and I was very excited that the problem seemed to be fixed! But, when I went in to look today, they were all GONE again! I contacted tech support again today. I was told that they are looking at a software release that is coming out on December 15th to fix this issue. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Ok to cross fingers but don't hold your breath! Strange how the DIRT people are quite on this issue. If there is a software release due in 2 days it would be nice to be able to look forward to something. Maybe it will be a Christmas gift from Dish?

Ok to cross fingers but don't hold your breath! Strange how the DIRT people are quite on this issue. If there is a software release due in 2 days it would be nice to be able to look forward to something. Maybe it will be a Christmas gift from Dish?

We don't find out about software releases until after they are already rolling. For the latest info on them, you can visit the link below where we post the information when we get it.

https://www.dishsupport.com/dish-network-software-release-notes/

Do you suppose the support person who told "bountovinas" there would be an update in 2 days was just blowing smoke? Sometimes CSR's will say anything to keep the customer happy or confused.

We never can give an exact date as to when software is pushed out because things change. It does happen though, and we do our best to prevent it

We never can give an exact date as to when software is pushed out because things change. It does happen though, and we do our best to prevent it

I figured it was too good to be true. I was expecting the same, "this is a known issue and we are working to resolve it", so I was surprised when I was told there is a software release coming out on Dec. 15. It seems the tech. was just trying to get rid of me....I just want to know if anyone might have any idea why my rentals all returned, but only for 24 hours! What is the deal with that? It's very strange.

It almost seems Dish has lost control of their system, because if they knew what was going on the would have fixed it. But, there is more! I recently had timer which was setup to record all of ReGenesis on the Science channel. It was setup correctly but it recorded a different content last Sunday, in spite of the fact that the guide said ReGenesis was on at that time that is not what was recorded. So I did a search for ReGenesis and didn't find any scheduled on the 722k guide. So I looked on the Science channel website and the next one was 12/23/11. Looked in our Dish Magazine and it was not listed. Went to the Dish schedule on their Website and it was scheduled on 12/23. Chatted into support. At first the CSR said the guide in the 722 was correct, then said No the Mag. was correct, NO, then said well maybe the Dish website was correct. Finally he said he found it on his schedule for 12/21 at 1PM. But none of the other guides show that. Finally he said he would report it to "Engineering", and we all know how effective they are! Seems like every one at Dish is confused, if that is the case how can they fix anything that is broken or even roll out new things and expect them to work. It doesn't seem to be getting any better

Well, all my rentals appeared yesterday miraculously! I have the vip 722 with L722 software. There was no change in the software either. I was able to delete all those that had expired and I was very excited that the problem seemed to be fixed! But, when I went in to look today, they were all GONE again! I contacted tech support again today. I was told that they are looking at a software release that is coming out on December 15th to fix this issue. Keeping my fingers crossed!

+1! Same here. :confused::rolleyes:

Ed

This is incredibly annoying. At least I can use DRA to delete the useless hidden videos that are taking up DVR space. I thought that the downloads weren't supposed to take DVR space anyway? Thought they would go into the "reserved" space??

EDIT: I was assuming I could delete them, turns out they won't delete via DRA. So they're either there until they expire or they're there permanently taking DVR space.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)