My SECOND Xbox 360 died...Dammit!

shanewalker

Overall, an O.K. Guy
Supporting Founder
Mar 15, 2005
KC/MO!
Red ring of death, 10:45pm CST.

Thought it might be having 'issues' when the screen out-of-the-blue froze and went disorto-grid on me during playback of 'I am Legend' last weekend, but I unplugged and did a reseat of the hard drive and all, fortunately, went OK after that (i.e. we were able to finish watching our $6 HD movie download to the end)...until last night. Logged in and blammo.

My first 360 died after 7 weeks. This one (a replacement refurb from that initial serviced failed unit--which had a faulty optical drive), well, at least it lasted a year.

Maybe it got jealous of the PS3 I got over Xmas.

I hope this is the last 360 I have to send in...or it will be my last XBox ever.
There's no excuse for these failure rates--I'm not a hard-core user and take care of my stuff (and the unit is very well ventilated). I'm equating the 360 to a Jeep, fun to use, but poorly engineered/QCd and statistically-proven to be unreliable crap, no matter what the fanboys say.

In the end, I just can't stand that I'll have to wait at least a month to get back to Mass Effect. Damn, those space colonists are gonna die because of this--do you hear me Microsoft! :rolleyes:

Thought it might be having 'issues' when the screen out-of-the-blue froze and went disorto-grid on me during playback of 'I am Legend' last weekend, but I unplugged and did a reseat of the hard drive and all, fortunately, went OK after that (i.e. we were able to finish watching our $6 HD movie download to the end)...until last night. Logged in and blammo.

My first 360 died after 7 weeks. This one (a replacement refurb from that initial serviced failed unit--which had a faulty optical drive), well, at least it lasted a year.

I hope this is the last 360 I have to send in...or it will be my last XBox ever.
There's no excuse for these failure rates--I'm not a hard-core user and take care of my stuff (and the unit is very well ventilated). I'm equating the 360 to a Jeep, fun to use, but poorly engineered/QCd and statistically-proven to be unreliable crap, no matter what the fanboys say.

In the end, I just can't stand that I'll have to wait at least a month to get back to Mass Effect. Damn, those space colonists are gonna die because of this--do you hear me Microsoft! :rolleyes:

Yup, pretty bad, The fanbois (me included) know that you have to have a spare system laying around just in case one has to go into the shop.

Great system, Poor design.

RRoD FTL.
I just got my Elite today shipped via UPS from Costco.
This is my 3rd 360 that I am going through.
Unlike you, I do use my 360 on a daily basis, sometimes weekly.
Moving on, don't get discouraged, sh*t happens, technology dies here and there, just wait for the next system, I am sure you will have better luck.

I have to agree with everything Ako said, I think Bill Gates shouldn't have saved any money on the console...he should have made a console that doesn't get RRoD :).
Good job on Live, poor job on the hardware.
Hopefully M$ will learn the lesson for Xbox 3.

I AM ON #7...lol don't feel bad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)