My stellar labs 91 is back up

Comptech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 26, 2006
Travelers Rest SC
As much a s I wanted to love the data boss, it is simply inferior. It can not hold a lock on the 3.0 channels and filters out my filters out my VHF2. My current yagi does a much better job. I knew it would filter them. But the data boss lost my Charlotte channels. My stellar labs yagi gets them fine, not impressed at all, the data boss is for sale if interested.

More metal more signal is my to go to, the non amplified stellar labs 91 elemnt yagi blows the data boss away. Just my own tests, but disappointing with the data boss

As much a s I wanted to love the data boss, it is simply inferior. It can not hold a lock on the 3.0 channels and filters out my filters out my VHF2. My current yagi does a much better job. I knew it would filter them. But the data boss lost my Charlotte channels. My stellar labs yagi gets them fine, not impressed at all, the data boss is for sale if interested.
You bought the wrong one, as I stated. You want the Dat Boss Mix LR (Long Range) model, 149884. It's the one I have. It's larger, longer, and has better range than the older model just plain "Dat Boss" model. It just came out this year, and is completely tuned for the latest repack and 5g filter frequencies.

It's cheaper at your local Menards store, IF you have one. Otherwise you can buy it from Solid Signal:

or :

Have to agree to disaree, more metal is better although the amp helps the small elements don't. As a mechnic, there is no replacement for displacement and this theory works here also. You live in a urban area, I do not, different strokes for differnt folks.

It' intelligent amp is still giving me a spinning circle 20 minutes later, did Jo Binden wright the software?
I don't know what you are saying? How is it giving you a spinning circle? The plain smaller "Dat Boss" antenna that you bought doesn't match the size of the Stellar Labs antenna you already have.

The Dat Boss LR is LARGER than the Dat Boss you already have, and has more range and power, it is NOT the same antenna as what you have.

I get it. I might have bought the wrong one. But still disappointing today pointed at my 3.0 toewer 30 miles away and can not hold a lock. Asking what the spinning wheel is?

I get it. I might have bought the wrong one. But still disappointing today pointed at my 3.0 toewer 30 miles away and can not hold a lock. Asking what the spinning wheel is?
Yes, what's the spinning wheel you are seeing?

You did plug in the white power supply/power inserter, and hook the antenna coax cable to the proper connection on that, right? IF the preamp built into the antenna doesn't get power, it'll not work anywhere near as well.

If you accidentally hooked it to one of the outputs meant for your tv set, that would be a problem.

Weather permiting, putting the Vhf high and thr 91 element yagi back into service. worked fine, just had to see what a new antenna could do. Turns out, thee is no replacement for displacement, I am done in this conversation, If it needs amps it is not so good