My Tivo just died!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cueman98

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 14, 2004
Cocoa, Florida
I just had a power outage at my house an hour ago, and it looks like the hard drive on my D*tivo is died(tried unplugging several times, it doesn't get passed the welcome screen). I've been with D* since late march '05. Will D* replace the box?, how much do you think it will cost me. The box itself is still under manufacturers warranty.

Any help is appreciated.

it's a samsung SD tivo, I called D* and they said they would send a replacement for 14.95, and I send the bad one back to D*. My real concern now is will the bad unit be dropped from my account? I don't to pay the mirror fee on a unit that's dead. Sorry if that sounds stupid, I'm relatively new to D*.

cueman98 said:
it's a samsung SD tivo, I called D* and they said they would send a replacement for 14.95, and I send the bad one back to D*. My real concern now is will the bad unit be dropped from my account? I don't to pay the mirror fee on a unit that's dead. Sorry if that sounds stupid, I'm relatively new to D*.
Actually, you'll use your present access card in the replacement DVR. When you call in to activate it, the D* tech will pair the old card with the new box and resend authorizations to the card. That will automatically remove the old receiver from the account.

I feel bad for anyone that has a standalone Tivo with a lifetime subscription that goes bad after warranty.

Had the same problem with my DIRECTV DVR+ receiver after a power outage and they are sending me a new one. My question is how to prevent this from happening again? I also encountered problems before my DVR went dead as it would not record any shows, and after doing a reset erased all the shows I had kept.

Thanks for any help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)