My Windows Phone Review

Of yeah I can only put roms made for my phone on my phone, that isn't Android daily that is the phone makers fault, like you said not all Androids are created equal but I do want to be able to change it if I want.

That's probably why I won't get a apple or windows phone, limited to what you can do.

And by the same token, with android, you are limited by what you can do, dependant on the carrier that you have for your specific phone.

JAG72 said:
I agree but the point is these are just common people making the roms. Do you trust the data that you keep to anybody out there? There are reasons that companies lock out people using rooted or jailbroken phones from accessing corporate data.

Well over at xda the devs are reputable and been their a long time so I'm sure if they were doing anything like that they would be outed. One guy took another guys ROM and added his name and changed a couple things, he was ousted, so I'm sure they track everything.

I wouldn't go to Joe blows website and download his ROM but the devs in the sgs4g community at xda are good.

Point taken, however IF there was a problem with the reputable rom builders, we would know by now.

Agreed but things can change at any moment and I personally don't want to be the one to find out. Just my opinion on the usage of custom roms. I am glad they are there for the ones that want to play around but I just don't want to have to worry about the risk.

Agreed but things can change at any moment and I personally don't want to be the one to find out. Just my opinion on the usage of custom roms. I am glad they are there for the ones that want to play around but I just don't want to have to worry about the risk.

Good point, and a valid one.

Well over at xda the devs are reputable and been their a long time so I'm sure if they were doing anything like that they would be outed. One guy took another guys ROM and added his name and changed a couple things, he was ousted, so I'm sure they track everything.

I wouldn't go to Joe blows website and download his ROM but the devs in the sgs4g community at xda are good.

Really, I have seen new roms popping up all of the time over there. There are tool kits to help joe blow create there own custom roms for many phones out there.

msmith198025 said:
And by the same token, with android, you are limited by what you can do, dependant on the carrier that you have for your specific phone.

Not really you can change those things, didn't Verizon limit or take away tethering with GB, but with a quick root its back?

Not really you can change those things, didn't Verizon limit or take away tethering with GB, but with a quick root its back?

That may be, but neither of those are valid roms for us cellular phones of the same hardware, or sprint, or cell south.

You are limited b which carrier the developers focus on. Most likely thoes are verizon and ATT. Sometimes those roms work for others, most times they dont.

JAG72 said:
Really, I have seen new roms popping up all of the time over there. There are tool kits to help joe blow create there own custom roms for many phones out there.

And you look at who creates it and his reputation.

Defend position? Linus did it for me (replaced Gnome with iOS):

"This 'users are idiots, and are confused by functionality' mentality of iOS
is a disease. If you think your users are idiots, only idiots will use it.
"

Diogen.

"

Diogen.

refer to my previous post on the subject (in regards to your posts, I dont want to confuse anyone else)

msmith198025 said:
That may be, but neither of those are valid roms for us cellular phones of the same hardware, or sprint, or cell south.

You are limited b which carrier the developers focus on. Most likely thoes are verizon and ATT. Sometimes those roms work for others, most times they dont.

Not a Rom, just a root and simple app.

msmith198025 said:
Anyone that has had android knows that they are not all created equal. Not the case with iOS and so far with wp7.

They have updated too damn often. People that got specific phones have in the past found themselves left out on apps and features and I'm nit talking obout yearly. To begin with it was monthly.

Got it. And you are totally right.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

"

Diogen.

Wow. So I can take a statement made by anybody and change the topic and I am allowed to say that they helped defend my position.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)