Nascar 2020

That is a major reason why NASCAR sucks, other than they race on tracks that they can't truly race on because the speeds become too dangerous. Indycar doesn't race at Daytona or Talladega for a reason.

But again, drivers crashing each other all the time, especially at the end of races. Chase Elliot makes an Indycar like pass at the end just before the white flag, only for it not to matter. And then to go on to have a red flag, and numerous OT chugga chugga choo choo restarts. That isn't even video game racing, forget professional racing.

The end of NASCAR races is like a basketball game now where the last few laps last a half hour.

If that is your opinion of NASCAR, then why are you even here? :rolleyes:
Consider it a frustration with how NASCAR just doesn't get how they have hit a tech wall and won't accept it. That and the drivers don't seem to appreciate physics. That and the ridiculousness that is the yellow/white/checker. Maybe NASCAR racing was never interesting or maybe it was when it was one of the only things on at the moment. But when a race result feels more like Vince Russo trying to write the script, there is trouble. I caught laps 28 to 1 on TV. And was just waiting for them to completely screw it up as they usually do. And then they did. Like clockwork. At Indy, they actually managed to finish the race, but I think that was in part based on how the speedway isn't banked nearly as much.

It sucks because Chase Elliot actually makes with a pass that doesn't involve destabilizing their opponent, makes with some serious horsepower, gutsy cutting to the inside, getting pushed down (illegally) pass the yellow line to make a legitimate racing pass, instead of these choo choo fluid dynamic word problems that develop and the trains pick up momentum, pass and then the other train gets more momentum and passes. Elliot had a real racing pass, an exciting pass that could have meant victory, actual racing... and it is for naught because idiots.

I suppose you could defend that as being racing. But I doubt you could.

That is a major reason why NASCAR sucks, other than they race on tracks that they can't truly race on because the speeds become too dangerous. Indycar doesn't race at Daytona or Talladega for a reason.

But again, drivers crashing each other all the time, especially at the end of races. Chase Elliot makes an Indycar like pass at the end just before the white flag, only for it not to matter. And then to go on to have a red flag, and numerous OT chugga chugga choo choo restarts. That isn't even video game racing, forget professional racing.

The end of NASCAR races is like a basketball game now where the last few laps last a half hour.
Thats another reason I've pretty much lost interest in the last 5 years or so.

The STAGE BS is what turned me off the most.
Also the way they determine the winner of the season now is beyond ridiculous ...

They should go back to the way it was in the late 80's and 90's.

Reactions: SamCdbs
Consider it a frustration with how NASCAR just doesn't get how they have hit a tech wall and won't accept it. That and the drivers don't seem to appreciate physics. That and the ridiculousness that is the yellow/white/checker. Maybe NASCAR racing was never interesting or maybe it was when it was one of the only things on at the moment. But when a race result feels more like Vince Russo trying to write the script, there is trouble. I caught laps 28 to 1 on TV. And was just waiting for them to completely screw it up as they usually do. And then they did. Like clockwork. At Indy, they actually managed to finish the race, but I think that was in part based on how the speedway isn't banked nearly as much.

It sucks because Chase Elliot actually makes with a pass that doesn't involve destabilizing their opponent, makes with some serious horsepower, gutsy cutting to the inside, getting pushed down (illegally) pass the yellow line to make a legitimate racing pass, instead of these choo choo fluid dynamic word problems that develop and the trains pick up momentum, pass and then the other train gets more momentum and passes. Elliot had a real racing pass, an exciting pass that could have meant victory, actual racing... and it is for naught because idiots.

I suppose you could defend that as being racing. But I doubt you could.
Depending on where they are, running below the yellow line if you have to, IS allowed.

Yeah, their handling of that left a lot to be desired. NBC was getting absolutely shredded on NASCAR Reddit last night. I never even heard the broadcast say they were switching channels. I was sitting there watching it live with my Dad when they went to a long commercial break, then suddenly the news broadcast starts. I thought they were popping in with a few headlines like the sometimes do, but no, they just kept on going. I finally thought to switch over to NBCSN and got there while they were still working on cleanup before the restart.
They did say they were switching to NBCSN.

Reactions: DWS44
I watched my dvr veesion until I noticed paid programming,
No notice was in the NBC broadcasted feed.
I rewound the dvr video just to be certain.
No notice ob NBC feed.

After loading NBC Sports srream app,
FFing segmentally to avoid overshoot and spoilers,
And viewing repeated segments of the same 7 nonskippable commercials over and over,
I found a spot just before the NBC cutoff.

There was an annoucement that the coverage was moving to NBCSN.
That announcement was in the first segment AFTER the NBC feed was cut.
They did say they were switching to NBCSN.

Sent from my SM-G986U using the SatelliteGuys app!

No notice ob NBC feed.
I remember hearing them say go to NBCSN. I wasn't paying close attention, to what they were saying, but then my ears perked up. Then I changed the channel as we were 15 intentional fouls away from the race being over.

Reactions: KaptainRandom
No notice ob NBC feed.

After loading NBC Sports srream app,
FFing segmentally to avoid overshoot and spoilers,
And viewing repeated segments of the same 7 nonskippable commercials over and over,
I found a spot just before the NBC cutoff.

There was an annoucement that the coverage was moving to NBCSN.
That announcement was in the first segment AFTER the NBC feed was cut.

Sent from my SM-G986U using the SatelliteGuys app!
They wouldn't say anything about switching on a paid programming because that's being broadcast by the local station not the NBC network.

:first :happydance...
COM_2020Trophy-hero.jpg

Just stopped by to say congrats again, Partysox after I saw the headlines. I couldn't watch. I get way too invested in racing seasons...especially the way this one was going. Last week hurt too much.

Chase is a good dude, though...and at least the Chevy won. Be a wild night at the Dawsonville Pool Room tonight, I bet.

Elliott wins the "this space for rent, make us an offer" Cup. But the totally random nature of the chase system makes it hard to take seriously.

Reactions: Elsguy
Elliott wins the "this space for rent, make us an offer" Cup. But the totally random nature of the chase system makes it hard to take seriously.
The two best cars all year didn't win the championship. That's the way it is as you say. I don't like the points system as it is either. Nascar used to be a marathon not a sprint. I saw nothing wrong with that. Now we can either watch or not. I'll continue for a while longer.

NASCAR was once my favorite sport. Today, I will watch a race now and then, depending on what else is on, but the season championship is really of no interest at all, it is just a random thing.

Comparing today's champions with those from the previous era is like comparing a guy who won the lottery with somebody who worked hard for years to build up a business. Both might have the same money, but only one earned it.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)