NBA 2011-2012 PLAYOFFS

When ESPN first started, they paid cable companies like fve or ten cents per subscriber to carry them. Now they charge the cable companies about $4.00 per subscriber, which is even more than HBO, and demand to be on the basic tier. Every time ESPN sets a ratings record, it is bad for us.

When ESPN first started, they paid cable companies like fve or ten cents per subscriber to carry them. Now they charge the cable companies about $4.00 per subscriber, which is even more than HBO, and demand to be on the basic tier. Every time ESPN sets a ratings record, it is bad for us.

I agree, and I can only speak for myself when I say this. I'll be part of that potential record tonight, but I can only hope TPTB at ESPN realize I'll be watching in spite of them and NOT because of them (not that they would care anyway :rolleyes:).

I would much rather the game be on TNT, or even better, on CSNNE with Mike and Tommy. But alas, I or anyone else don't have a choice.....we're stuck with the World Wide Leader tm

I agree, and I can only speak for myself when I say this. I'll be part of that potential record tonight, but I can only hope TPTB at ESPN realize I'll be watching in spite of them and NOT because of them (not that they would care anyway :rolleyes:).

I would much rather the game be on TNT, or even better, on CSNNE with Mike and Tommy. But alas, I or anyone else don't have a choice.....we're stuck with the World Wide Leader tm

:censored: Mike Breen

I don't suffer the same resentment towards ESPN that most here do. (Most likely due to the fact that I live only a few miles from the campus, have visited there several times, and know several people that work there).:)

They do a good (not great) job broadcasting the games, and I manage to avoid the talking heads shows that I don't care for. For a 24/7 network, there are bound to be parts of it we don't like, but I do feel they do the core stuff pretty well...

meStevo said:
I'm sure I'm not the only one that just now starts to tune in to NBA this time of year.

Most of my friends watch little regular season NBA.

The league is to disproportionatly top heavy, 6-8 are good the rest suck and are mostly unwatchable.

I love playoff basketball, but can take or leave regular season games.

I'm a Celtics fan, but I'd have to have nothing else to do to watch a regular season game vs the bobcats or nets. Now I'll watch the bigger games vs the heat, Lakers and some others.

I sure hope that Pierce gets his legs back next year. Right now, I can't decide if he runs more like Antoine Walker or Groucho Marx.

I sure hope that Pierce gets his legs back next year. Right now, I can't decide if he runs more like Antoine Walker or Groucho Marx.

attachment.php

IMO this will be the highest pressure this heat team has faced so far. even bigger than last years finals. Think about it. it's not only the pressure that already comes with a game like this in the playoffs or facing elimination, it's the added pressure of people wanting to see this team fail. That would be pretty much everyone outside of Miami. And forget the fans, I mean pressure to fail from the national media. It's why I understood bosh's reaction after last years loss in the finals. I've been watching the nba for a very long time,I've never seen a team so heavily covered by the media. In fact I don't recall seeing anything like this in any other sport.

whatever happens tonight I think I won't be able to sleep. I'm already wired 4hrs away from the game :D

IMO this will be the highest pressure this heat team has faced so far. even bigger than last years finals. Think about it. it's not only the pressure that already comes with a game like this in the playoffs or facing elimination, it's the added pressure of people wanting to see this team fail. That would be pretty much everyone outside of Miami. And forget the fans, I mean pressure to fail from the national media. It's why I understood bosh's reaction after last years loss in the finals. I've been watching the nba for a very long time,I've never seen a team so heavily covered by the media. In fact I don't recall seeing anything like this in any other sport.

whatever happens tonight I think I won't be able to sleep. I'm already wired 4hrs away from the game :D

I hear you loud and clear Rey! I think there's three fanbase's in the four majors that truly get it: Heat, Yankees and Patriots.

Good luck tonight my friend (but again, not too much :)), and please know this: I'm rooting for my team tonight, not rooting AGAINST yours. I think I stopped doing that when I was like 10. :cool:

Rey said:

Can't really speak for the Heat because I don't follow them day to day, but I can tell you the media finally cracked the '07 patriots and they were trying to do it all year. It took a bogus story in the local paper, but the national media jumped on it and the days before the Super Bowl was ruined and the team did not live up to expectations in that game and most of the national media reveled in it.

Somehow the national sports media has no standards, just look at ESPN with Skip Bayless and Colin Cowherd.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

what's funny is that those other teams have won multiple championships. This group has yet to win one. Thats a scenario I hadn't seen before. But for sure Boston fans know how we feel. I stopped watching pregame,halftime and post game shows due to the media taking sides poisoning the teams image. If that's how I feel,can't imagine what it must be like being under such a spotlight.

26-16 Heat end of 1st. That's okay.

But what's not okay is, I sense the air got taken out of the crowd a bit.

Lebron on his way to game 7 the way he scoring.. 30 points at the half.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

England will destroy Italy sunday!! OH YEA!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts